• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bosch +4 platinum (4417) spark plugs

I've been running the 4417s in my 2001 R1100S for the past 60 or 70K miles. Bike has 110K on it. They work great. I change them about every 40K or so... just because. They always look fine coming out. Motor always runs perfectly, smooth and strong.

Testimony like yours and some of the others who've actually used these plugs in their own bikes is exactly what I was looking for. I'm skeptical by nature and not one to buy in to snake oil hype with all sorts of wild claims. So I was very hesitant in spending the money on plugs that might not only do what they claim to do, but worse cause my bike to not operate properly. So after much thought, I decided to go ahead and give them a try. I rationalized, if they work, great! If not, then I'll return them or at worst, I will have blown $20.00 for nothing but for an experiment. Anyway, the plugs are now in the bike and I fired it up yesterday. The bike fired up immediately and from what I noticed, it did seem to start easier and also idle smoother than before. So far, it's looking very promising, but I won't know for sure until I have a chance to really go for a ride.

I have an 02 R1150RS and the 4417 transformed the bike, NO surging. Slightly better mileage. I can pull it down to as low as 600 RPM when parking and it will not stall. Mine would also ping and even miss when running it thru the gears to the rev limit after a week or 2 of commuter duty. With the 4417 it NEVER pings or misses. It is the only plug I will use. I run them for 4 swap from side to side cycles every 6000 miles, a total of 24K, then the gaskets are getting leaky, if I could find new gaskets, I will use them more. I am on my 3ed set at over 100K.

Try them, you will like them.

I also get a 2 MPG Boost or about another 25 miles until the low fuel light comes on, from 2 OZ marvel mystery oil per tank. My 1200 does not get any boost, but the 1150 loves the stuff.

Rod

Back