• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Autolite Spark Plugs

bogdan

Will do a valve lash inspection and plug change on my 2004 R1150R soon. I seem to remember a good number saying that Autolite spark plugs are a better choice for oilheads than the Bosh and NGK I've been using. Is that still the consensus? Also two versions are listed: Copper and Xtreme Sport. What's the difference and what would you recommend? Does Bemmer Boneyard carry them?

There are several threads in the Similar Thread pane below that mention Autolite...might be a good place to start.

Their "Extreme Sport" plugs have iridium center tips, so they will last longer. Be extra careful when checking or changing the gap, as it's also easier to chip the insulator when doing so.
https://www.autolite.com/products/sport/xtreme-sport

I use the NGKs these days, since they're so easy to get (or order) from any auto parts store.
The "center" plug - BKR7EKC-N (part # 2095) for "standard", or BKR7-EIX (part # 2667) for iridium;
the "secondary" (peripheral) plug - DCPR6E (part # 3481) for "standard", or DCPR6-EIX (part # 8196) for iridium.

Don't confuse the 1100 plugs with the 1150 plugs - the 1100's love the Autolite 3923.

Last edited:
Yes. (I "think" the 3924 is the sub for the center plug.)

EDIT: Thanks, GSAddict! (post 7)

Last edited:
3922 for the 1150's (main plug)
I like the platinum version 3922P, they last longer and wont rust on the outside.

Last edited:
Single Spark Plug

We only use the Autolite plug in our single spark R1150R's. I seems to help get the surging to a minimum. The dual sparks we have all use the NGK plugs.

I believe I now get it. Autolites are a single spark plug thing. I'll stick to what I've been using. Thanks for the info.

Review posts 3 and 7 ... the proper Autolite doesn't much care what engine it's screwed into.

GS Addict,

Thanks.

I’ve read on some threads, that a slightly smaller gap, than factory is recommended. What are your thoughts deviating from factory?

Installed a fresh set of Autolite 3923’s this morning what a pleasant difference, from the 10,000 mile Bosch plugs, that were remove. Throttle response is very linear, Right past the 2900-3200 rpm area, which had a sought stumping before.

Good advice, thanks all.

Back