• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW's DWA - Diebstahl Warn Anlage aka Anti Theft Alarm

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
Any info on this for those that ordered your 2016 R1200 GS Adventure with it or either installed it after your purchase.

What does it all do and is there a PDF manual that comes with it that I can read.

How does it hook up? Preferably with factory plugs as I do not cut and splice into factory wiring.

Can it be user activated as required or does it automatically set itself when the ignition is off (battery drain when parked in the garage).

Any other tips & info that I cannot think of.

I have a pdf for the DWA6 used on my 07RT. Not sure how much it has changed over the years but PM me if you want it. Yours would be the DWA8.

Last edited:
I have a pdf for the DWA6 used on my 07RT. Not sure how much it has changed over the years but PM me if you want it. Yours would be the DWA8.

Got it downloaded, thanks. It'll give me an idea what the features were back then and the newer ones should be similar or have more features.

Hopefully, I'll get the DWA7 or DWA8 PDF if someone has them handy.

When I looked it up at MaxBMW it was noted that it must be installed by a dealer and hooked to their computer. Good luck.

When I looked it up at MaxBMW it was noted that it must be installed by a dealer and hooked to their computer. Good luck.

Yes I saw that earlier today. If anyone does the install, it'll be me. They can do the programming or maybe the MotoScan can do it. It seems to do quite a bit.

My unit is on back order and was suppose to come with my 2023 RS . Install is easy 1 screw and plug into port in tail section . Programing required to com on CANBUS . Looked for option on GS911 but none found . Discussion with my inside person is the mothership registration to vin # Units have battery back up to function in event battery is dead on the bike or cut cable . It only functions its onboard siren / Piezo .

If it's the same as my 2015 RT it can be set on either automatic which arms itself when bike is shut off or manual which arms it only when you push the button on the fob. The selection is on the menu and set with the "wonder wheel".

If it's the same as my 2015 RT it can be set on either automatic which arms itself when bike is shut off or manual which arms it only when you push the button on the fob. The selection is on the menu and set with the "wonder wheel".

Checked BMW part numbers...same unit. 65-75-1-541-294 DWA8.

I'll contact BMW and get them to send me a copy of the manual.

Back