• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Tire and Wheel warranty - awesome!

srpuywa

brought the new RT home Saturday (4-18) and Sunday the tpms showed low rear tire. Spun it and sure enough there was a nail in the tire. Pulled it and plugged it and took it to the dealer on Tuesday. Since my purchase paperwork was still getting processed the service manager said it might not be taken care of by safe guard. Made a few phone calls and faxed some paperwork to safeguard and crossed my fingers. When I got the bike on Saturday - it was no charge - they got it worked out for me.

Last edited:
brought the new RT home Saturday (4-18) and Sunday the tpms showed low rear tire. Spun it and sure enough there was a nail in the tire. Pulled it and plugged it and took it to the dealer on Tuesday. Since my purchase paperwork was still getting processed the service manager said it might not be taken care of by safe guard. Made a few phone calls and faxed some paperwork to safeguard and crossed my fingers. When I got the bike on Saturday - it was no charge - they got it worked out for me.

Good to hear! I saw your OP on this and felt bummed for you as you had just taken delivery of your bike. Now you can go out and enjoy some worry free miles :)

It's an insurance policy, for which you paid.

Insurance companies don't lose money and odds are most will pay for something they never use.

The fact you've been lucky and beat the odds doesn't make it an "awesome" program. How "lucky" you've really been is questionable in any event, as you've likely paid most of the costs of your "free" tire and service buying the policy.

I've been riding since 1978 and have had one flat.

It's an insurance policy, for which you paid.

Insurance companies don't lose money and odds are most will pay for something they never use.

The fact you've been lucky and beat the odds doesn't make it an "awesome" program. How "lucky" you've really been is questionable in any event, as you've likely paid most of the costs of your "free" tire and service buying the policy.

I've been riding since 1978 and have had one flat.
Way to crap on the guys good feeling and add zero value to a thread.

I used this same warranty three times. As long as the warning bars are not showing they will cover it. Wink, Wink. Two rears and one front.

Way to crap on the guys good feeling and add zero value to a thread.

While you might not like Kent's way of saying it (who does? :D) , what he is saying is true and accurate. Apart from his "one flat in 37 years" which we cannot validate but assume is fact.

:thumb

While you might not like Kent's way of saying it (who does? :D) , what he is saying is true and accurate. Apart from his "one flat in 37 years" which we cannot validate but assume is fact.

Yes - it accurately conveys his opinion. Other riders with different experiences than his may reach equally valid contrary conclusions. Life would be very dull indeed if we all made exactly the same risk/reward calculations. As for flat tires there are huge differences in exposure in pristine rural areas, urban areas undergoing significant demolitions, suburbs with lots of construction, areas after large-hail storms (roofing activity) etc. Voni rode 500,000 miles without a flat and then had three in two weeks.

Cool beans!

Nice to hear a positive warranty story once in a while. :)

Yep I agree with what he said, just found it had no reason to be posted other than for self gratification. All insurance is risk transfer gamble that almost always plays to the carriers favor. Most anyone who owns a vehicle, home or other tangible asset which is insured knows this.

I've been riding and driving for 30 some odd years, been buying comprehensive cover most of them, never had a claim and know I could have used an alternative risk transfer method to earn money on the premium I paid over those years to cover any loss and then some I may have moving forward...doesn't mean I crap on people who buy the same cover and have a claim.

Yep I agree with what he said, just found it had no reason to be posted other than for self gratification. All insurance is risk transfer gamble that almost always plays to the carriers favor. Most anyone who owns a vehicle, home or other tangible asset which is insured knows this.

Sadly, you are somewhat in error. Many posts on this and other BMW venues show much mis-information. Perhaps the words were less than perfect but they were trying to prevent future errors by other ill-informed BMW owners.

Sadly, you are somewhat in error. Many posts on this and other BMW venues show much mis-information. Perhaps the words were less than perfect but they were trying to prevent future errors by other ill-informed BMW owners.
Really? So the fact that I am the director of risk management of a multi billion dollar company and in charge of protecting our assets in all or North and South America means I do not know how insurance risk transfer works, huh?

While I simplified it, my words are dead accurate.

And the only point I made was that the OP was happy that his tire insurance covered a repair and his happiness was pissed on for no reason what so ever other than for self gratifying ego feeding.
Which is the norm for so many snob members of the MOA frankly.

I've said all I need to say on this topic.

Extremely impressed by your resume. Several of us were trying to point out that buying that type of insurance might work for some but is a waste for most. Oh, best of luck with your continued success in the business world. :wave

Back