• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Rider Academy

ramble

ohbeemer
Who has experienced this training? Considering the 2 day course. Advice, tips, etc appreciated.

Don't forget about the View Tag Cloud search at the bottom of the page. If you use it and type in "Rider", one entry for Rider Academy comes up. That is the same as my link and one of the ones pointed out by OM.

Go in the late fall or early spring… it is hotter than hell there in the summer. Wear very light gear, use an open-face helmet. Drink all the water you possibly can (ok to pee in the woods!).

Rent their bike, you’ll be dropping it a lot.

Make sure your fitness is up to par, this is a physically-demanding course.

Here is a video I produced for them a few years back… it describes the experience pretty well, and doesn’t emphasize the “enduro racing” image that so many of these videos present.

I really want to do some more training when the budget allows, that looks like it could be fun.

I really want to do some more training when the budget allows, that looks like it could be fun.

Their off-road course instills a lot of confidence.

Since this video was made, they've also developed an Authority course, as well as one for Street Skills.

It's some of the best training you can get, well worth the investment.

I took the three-hour 'condensed' version of the Authority course at the rally last month and really enjoyed it. Challenging, but in a way that feels good when those mental light-bulbs go on.

Just Back

I did the June 29 & 30th Two Day Off Road Course and it was a great experience. I've been riding street bikes for 30+ years and Enduro for 15 years and got my GSA in 2019. I figured the course would be of small benefit, based on my Enduro experience, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I learned a lot and it greatly increased my confidence and abilities on the GSA.

Yes, it was hot! But, water, Gaterade and snacks are provided out on the course and plenty of breaks are provided so it was pretty comfortable.

The instructors were amazing, the course material relevant and the other students were a great group of guys. (Apparently my class was an anomaly as most have women in them too.)

Go. You won't regret it.

P.S. - When I booked, you had the option of using your own bike but I believe that is no longer a choice - you have to use theirs. It's just as well, as you WILL drop the bike multiple times and its better to do it with their bikes rather than your own.

Back