• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Navigator II problem

B

bfortenberry

I have a 2005 R1200GS with BMW Navigator II gps. A few weeks ago the unit stopped working when mounted on the bike but continues to work when plugged into house current. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know how to fix it?

the nav II doesn't have a internal battery, sound like your bike adapter is bad. check it with a volt meter or trouble light.

BMW Navigator II Problem

the nav II doesn't have a internal battery, sound like your bike adapter is bad. check it with a volt meter or trouble light.

I agree you should do that, but my Navigator III (on the standard BMW mount) and XM radio ( powered directly by the rear cigarette lighter on my RT), sometimes, but not often, loses power. When I shut down and re-crank, they both come on again; sometimes for the duration of the ride and sometimes I have to go through the process several times. Generally, they are both off when I crank the engine initially. I'm wondering if you (and maybe I) have a problem with the bike electronics automatically shutting down external electronic devices when it senses too much current draw? If not, I can't imagine why both the GPS and XM radio would shut down at the same time.

Orv
2007RT

Back