• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW MC in Old Navy commercial

I coulda' been a cowboy!
Did anyone else note the BMW motorcycle in the new Old Navy commercial?

The roundel symbol is blacked out but the bike was definitely an older BMW. I saw the commercial twice on Fox last night during Idol and Don't Forget the Lyrics.

Oops, I just revealed the "mind numbing" programs I watched last night!

yup, i saw that last night too

airhead, /7 vintage i believe.

yup, i saw that last night too

airhead, /7 vintage i believe.

Nope. /5. :)

We've been discussing it on the airheads list. it has a front drum brake and aftermarket exhaust on it, as there is no crossover pipe (see around 2:19):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZs-fqlG-Vk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZs-fqlG-Vk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There is also a "making of" with one or two other bike shots; roundel is still covered.

Last edited:
Nope. /5. :)

We've been discussing it on the airheads list. it has a front drum brake and aftermarket exhaust on it, as there is no crossover pipe (see around 2:19):

ah, i was looking at the vavle covers, i thought they were the squarish black ones.

ah, i was looking at the vavle covers, i thought they were the squarish black ones.

I actually thought it was a /7 at first as well; due to the tank seeming to be shaped the right way, and I couldn't see the knee pads. In the "making of" you can see it has an aftermarket seat on it, but what stands out for me is the lack of the separate instrument cluster from the headlight.

Regardless, it's cool to see an Airhead in a commercial. :thumb

It's definitely a /5, visible from the sliders on the front forks. There's a brief shot of the rear suspension which appears to be post /2, so it can't be a 1968-1969 R69US.

Check out the frames when the motorcycle shows up again for the last time near the end...the right hand fork gaiter doesn't even have a clamp on it holding it to the lower triple tree...it's separated by about 2 inches, showing the fork tube underneath. The left hand gaiter is also not attached.

FWIW, i've never seen a Dodge Shadow NYC Taxi.:scratch

Tessler, we're these common before i moved here, you know, in like 2006 or something?

See . . . you're missing out!

I know - time to go back to watching live TV so I can see the commercials... Wait a minute. I don't want to do that. I'll do without commercials, even if I miss seeing a BMW in one.

I know the DVR is the way to go when my three-year old asks what happened to the show we were watching when its interrupted by a commercial.

"Daddy, I want the baseball game back on TV".

"Sorry, son, but we have to watch these bimbos sell beer for two minutes before the baseball game comes back on".

It's definitely a /5, visible from the sliders on the front forks. There's a brief shot of the rear suspension which appears to be post /2, so it can't be a 1968-1969 R69US.

Check out the frames when the motorcycle shows up again for the last time near the end...the right hand fork gaiter doesn't even have a clamp on it holding it to the lower triple tree...it's separated by about 2 inches, showing the fork tube underneath. The left hand gaiter is also not attached.

Yes /5, Drum break on the front.

I know - time to go back to watching live TV so I can see the commercials... Wait a minute. I don't want to do that. I'll do without commercials, even if I miss seeing a BMW in one.

I know the DVR is the way to go when my three-year old asks what happened to the show we were watching when its interrupted by a commercial.

"Daddy, I want the baseball game back on TV".

"Sorry, son, but we have to watch these bimbos sell beer for two minutes before the baseball game comes back on".

I'd get one if I didn't have to KEEP PAYING to use it.

Ha-ha

I do not think ATGATT was the subject of that commercial.

The subject was obviously "the application of sun block" while riding classic vintage BMW Rads!

Back