• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMR Flatbed Luggage Rack

GaMtnGirl

Does anyone know if these are still made? This is exactly what I am looking for to put on my 2014 R1200RT. Has anyone found any similar products anywhere? I don't use or need my pillion seat. It would be nice to have a flat spot to strap on a dry bag or tent... Ideas??

Yep - I have been to their website. There's no indication if they are making anything for the newer RT's. I sent them an email and am waiting for a reply.

Yep - I have been to their website. There's no indication if they are making anything for the newer RT's. I sent them an email and am waiting for a reply.

Looks like they make one for the current model, but it appears to be out of stock right now.

The R1200RT FlatBed is designed to simplify the constant challenge of carrying luggage on a motorcycle. Attaches to permanently installed mounting brackets (included) and is easily mounted or removed from the brackets in seconds without tools. Durable powder-coated surface in a Hammered Black finish. Designed with multiple tie-down ports to effectively and safely secure your cargo, whatever it might be! (Compatible with R1200RTs, 2005 thru current model.)
Price: $375.00

Notify when back in stock

I still have not heard back from them. I really wish I could get my hands on one of those as it seems like an excellent place to put a dry bag with a tent, etc... Easier than trying to secure stuff to the pillion.

I still have not heard back from them. I really wish I could get my hands on one of those as it seems like an excellent place to put a dry bag with a tent, etc... Easier than trying to secure stuff to the pillion.

I have one that I would like to sell, but not sure it fits the water cooled RT's. My RT is 2013.

Hi Roadchick - I am also wondering the same thing. I don't know if it would fit or not? May I ask why you are thinking of selling it? Did you not like it?

I called the owner of BMR about the flatbed luggage rack. It only fits 2005 thru 2013. He said he wanted to make more for the 2014 and up, but it didn’t sound like it would be anytime soon. I will be posting mine for sale soon if anyone is interested. Thanks, Melanie

Hi Roadchick - I am also wondering the same thing. I don't know if it would fit or not? May I ask why you are thinking of selling it? Did you not like it?

Sorry, I forgot to add the reason I'm selling the rack is I'm trading my Rt in for a GS at the end of the month. The rack was great on our long trips for camping gear, etc.

BMR Flatbed

Sorry, I forgot to add the reason I'm selling the rack is I'm trading my Rt in for a GS at the end of the month. The rack was great on our long trips for camping gear, etc.

I know I'm over a year late with this reply, but any chance you are still looking for a new home for that flatbed rack?

That just sits on top of the rear seat and doesn't seem very heavy duty.

It's firmly attached to the bike and built rugged and tough. I've had one for several years and it's great addition to my bike. One of the best things I've ever bought for my ride.

flatbed rack

I know I'm over a year late with this reply, but any chance you are still looking for a new home for that flatbed rack?

Always worth a try, but the flatbed rack is sold. It's a great rack...Good luck in locating one! Melanie

Does anyone know if these are still made? This is exactly what I am looking for to put on my 2014 R1200RT. Has anyone found any similar products anywhere? I don't use or need my pillion seat. It would be nice to have a flat spot to strap on a dry bag or tent... Ideas??

I don't believe he's (BMR guy) is making them anymore, been a couple years since anything has been in stock.
An alternative might be had from https://www.maplefarkles.com

I know he makes a flatbed that can go on the rack itself, and I believe he can make one that goes on the pillion seat if you like. Everything is custom, so ask.

No business interest, just a happy customer.

Back