• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blazer Xtreme lights

I've got a set of their PIAA 1100x rip-offs, with 50 watt G4 type halogen bulbs. Bought them from Martin Fabrications along with their mounts. They are predictably cheap but have held up well over the past year (about 12K miles).

I'd prefer a driving light with an H3 bulb. The G4 bulbs are bright but don't have much range - they're really more of a flood light.

I keep thinking I'll replace them with the PIAA 1100 proprietary bulbs, but the PIAAs are so darn pricey.

If you buy these post an evaluation. They don't seem to tell what kind of bulb they use but they appear to H3s.

The Hellas look like a great product - especially for the price.

At this point though I want to use the Martin Fabrication brackets - they mount up nicely on my 1100RT and I already own them. Unfortunately they limit my lighting choices to something that mounts up like the PIAAS and is preferably round.

I figure I'll eventually stumble across something I'll like and until then the Xtremes will do. Also, the Xtremes cost about the same as a single PIAA bulb.

On the Hella's:

hellalightsfrontview1.jpeg

www.lumalink.com

http://www.eilenberger.net/R1200R_Roadster/hella_auxilary_lights.htm

I've had them on several bikes now. Best bang for the $$ - they are brighter (side by side) than many HID auxiliary lights, and WAY less expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPATROVSKY View Post
HELLA FF50s are the way to go. Small, very bright and not too expensive.
How did you mount them?

On my 1150RT I used a Martin Fab. mount under the oil cooler.

On my 1200RT I put on the Touratech crash bars and lights are mounted on them.

Last edited:
Back