• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blackberry or Mobile Windows for GS911?

cjack

K Bikes Complex by Choice
I'm looking at a BT device to read out a GS911 and wondering what to get. This will be a phone with Verizon...maybe a Treo, Samsung, or a Blackberry...
Anybody doing this?

Blackberry

Jack, I'm using mine with a Blackberry 8830 World Edition thru Verizon.
Works flawlessly, even thru an upgrade on the phone and the GS-911 software. I just reloaded the software and they synched right up. :clap
Tom

It works on my XV6700. Of course, that's an old model, but I'm sure the latest one will work with it too.

Personally, I like the Windows Mobile Pocket PC phones. I have an AT&T Title (HTC 8925). One of the main reasons I like it so much is that I can hack the ROM via the offerings of XDA-Developers. It gets my e-mail, loads my Office & PDF documents, works as a GPS (Garmin Mobile XT) using it's built-in GPS hardware, conencts to home/work via VPN, has full high speed access to the internet, takes remote control of a WIndows XP/Vista computer/server, works as my MP3/WMA player, does movies too!, can have up to 32 GB of external RAM, has a camera for when you need one, and still works as my phone.

You'll only pry this phone out of my hands when you can show me something better. Currently, not even the new Windows Mobile phones (like the HTC Diamond) really compare to it.

Personally, I like the Windows Mobile Pocket PC phones. I have an AT&T Title (HTC 8925). One of the main reasons I like it so much is that I can hack the ROM via the offerings of XDA-Developers. It gets my e-mail, loads my Office & PDF documents, works as a GPS (Garmin Mobile XT) using it's built-in GPS hardware, conencts to home/work via VPN, has full high speed access to the internet, takes remote control of a WIndows XP/Vista computer/server, works as my MP3/WMA player, does movies too!, can have up to 32 GB of external RAM, has a camera for when you need one, and still works as my phone.

You'll only pry this phone out of my hands when you can show me something better. Currently, not even the new Windows Mobile phones (like the HTC Diamond) really compare to it.

+1
I have both GS-911 software on my Blackberry and Palm 700. I like to use the Palm 700 with Mobil 5& 6. Software is easier to load with Mobile 5&6.

Back