• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best Helmet and Intercom??

tourunigo

Looking around for two new helmets with built in communication plus GPS and Sat Radio. Want volumn control (what r u deaf?.... sorta). Looking at Nolan. Any suggestions based on experience/knowledge. Must be audible above 50mph! Thanks. -Bob

Hi Bob !

My Scorpion EXO 1000 is very quiet with spaces for ear speakers. As well, I've had excellent customer support with this helmet.

I have a Scala rider/passenger headset. Haven't used the passenger one yet, but when my wife calls me on the phone, there has been no difficulty in speaking to each other. However, I did read a post today that complained about lack of Scala customer support.

Let us know what you get and how well they work.

Hi Bob !

My Scorpion EXO 1000 is very quiet with spaces for ear speakers. As well, I've had excellent customer support with this helmet.

I have a Scala rider/passenger headset. Haven't used the passenger one yet, but when my wife calls me on the phone, there has been no difficulty in speaking to each other. However, I did read a post today that complained about lack of Scala customer support.

Let us know what you get and how well they work.

thanks for that particular lead. Guess what I like about the "all inclusive" helmet is the wireless gadgetry and the built in shades. Maybe a bit pricey but I really do get drawn to that Nolan concept. Another point, I am leary about the customer support piece; if it's that good then customer support should be a minor item... so me thinks. - Bob

Looking around for two new helmets with built in communication plus GPS and Sat Radio. Want volumn control (what r u deaf?.... sorta). Looking at Nolan. Any suggestions based on experience/knowledge. Must be audible above 50mph! Thanks. -Bob

Bob,

NOT the Nolan for above 50, at least without a full windshield. Cathy and I have 102's with the N-Com (wired) and it is OK if we use our Aeroflow windshield. When we occasionally ride 2-up without the Aeroflow we need to keep the speeds down under 45-50. Above that I use GOOD earplugs for the helmet wind noise.

Back