• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beep-beep

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
Seen this covered before, but, it is a very inexpensive safety upgrade.I don't rely on the horn to save my tail, but having one loud enough that one MAY pay attention to is priceless!

I have replaced 3 horns on various R bikes recently. I paid around $14 each for Fiamme Freeway Blasters/ Low Tone for a single install. Got them at the local auto parts. Bolts right in stock slot and only have to install larger spade sta-cons to plug leads on to new horn. Make sure you turn the opening away from the front of bike...don't want it collecting road garbage or moisture.
But what a noticeable difference:clap

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 342
I too added the Fiaam horns (2) dual-tone, sound is the same as my Bimmer:wave No more MEEP MEEP from that stock horn!

You've got my stolen bike!!!!:fight I recognize the vinn #. Oh well you might as well keep it as the insurance company gave me a check for it.

:nyah

I just added two Fiamm horns to the inside of the fairing on my K75S.

The thing sounds like a Cadillac now. Cadillacs were famous as they always came with two horns - a low tone and a high tone - which created a sound that was unique - until I came along :)

I thought my mini trail had a louder horn than the R's!:lol Fiamm's and MotoLites SEE me,HEAR Me!

Warning: don't test in garage w/out hearing protection!:ha :ha :doh

Amazing that most BMW's have the 'meep meep' horns :bluduh that have no output at all!!
On my GS I installed the Stebel Nautilus and am able to wake the zombies :hungover down here.

+1 on the Stebel.

I nearly got creamed last night on the Interstate - I tooted my R1200GS horn and the guy never heard - talk about feeling pathetic!

What would fit the 2006 R1200GS that even a dummy could install?

Yes, the Stebel horn will DEFINITELY fit your GS- much better in fact than it fits my airhead (but I still got it to fit). You can get it from Adventurer's Workshop.

Back