• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

basement dehumidifiers

R

REBECCAV

PGlaves said:
I moved to the Chihuahuan desert in Texas and since we moved I haven't had any problems with humidity in the basement. Then again, the house is real adobe, and we don't have a basement. Maybe that explains it ...
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am willing to bet that is the least helpful that Mr. Glaves has EVER been.
:laugh :wave

boxergrrlie said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am willing to bet that is the least helpful that Mr. Glaves has EVER been.

His jocularity is unusual but nice. :)

boxergrrlie said:
But ... but .... wait a minute!

I'm really pretty sure that if you move to the desert to a house without a basement the humidity problem will be solved. That might not be the easiest way to solve the immediate problem but in the long run it is a sure fire cure.

I can heartily recommend it.

And Boxergirlie, next August when you go to see that scoundrel goat Clay Henry III drink beer in Lajitas you will be only 42 miles from my dry basementless house. And tire changing equipment!

So there! :) :)

PGlaves said:
But ... but .... wait a minute!

I'm really pretty sure that if you move to the desert to a house without a basement the humidity problem will be solved. That might not be the easiest way to solve the immediate problem but in the long run it is a sure fire cure.

I can heartily recommend it.

And Boxergirlie, next August when you go to see that scoundrel goat Clay Henry III drink beer in Lajitas you will be only 42 miles from my dry basementless house. And tire changing equipment!

So there! :) :)
But as you suggested, I will have ME 880s on the bike so I (hopefully) won't need your exquisitely dry basement and tire changing equipment!! Why the heck does everybody insist upon reminding me about next August.... ugh. :) I would like to meet the goat though!

boxergrrlie said:
Why the heck does everybody insist upon reminding me about next August.... ugh. :)

Some of us like to live vicariously for some things.

boxergrrlie said:
Why the heck does everybody insist upon reminding me about next August.... ugh. :) I would like to meet the goat though!

It builds character, causes bad dreams which in turn allows you to practice long days and short nights. All in all, it is a good thing.

I think it's a good thing. Yes, that's it .... a good thing. I'm sure of it.

Last edited:
Back