• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bar Risers R1100RS

merhigemc

Anyone help me out. I need to find a set of bar risers for my 99 R1100RS, also would like to add a power port and cigar lighter to me my fairing. Also I bought a Cee Bailey shield, the tallest one they have and although I'm just 6' tall I need about 2" more maybe a little more if I get 2" risers. An extension would work. I've been out on biking for about 20 years. You know marriage kids (now raised) , so I'm not up on where to get stuff and there's so many sites on the net, so who's better to get BMW advise from. Thanks for your helpin advance, Emil in N.J.

Not to be contraqy but if you feel you need bar risers and a much bigger windshield you probably should have an RT instead of an RS.

I agree, however it's a little late now. Maybe in a few years I'll get one.

By the way god bless you and the people of Texas. Being in the bay shore area of N.J. I know that feeling. We gota direct hit on both sides of my area wiping out both towns and across the bay in Staten Island

By the way god bless you and the people of Texas. Being in the bay shore area of N.J. I know that feeling. We gota direct hit on both sides of my area wiping out both towns and across the bay in Staten Island

From Sandy almost 5 years ago, and your storm seems to be worse than ours

+1 on the Barbacks (barbax?) from Bob's, they really made a difference on how my wrists feel after a long ride.

Anyone help me out. I need to find a set of bar risers for my 99 R1100RS, also would like to add a power port and cigar lighter to me my fairing. Also I bought a Cee Bailey shield, the tallest one they have and although I'm just 6' tall I need about 2" more maybe a little more if I get 2" risers. An extension would work. I've been out on biking for about 20 years. You know marriage kids (now raised) , so I'm not up on where to get stuff and there's so many sites on the net, so who's better to get BMW advise from. Thanks for your helpin advance, Emil in N.J.

Have you driven with that shield? It should be tall enough to reflect the air above your helmet.

You aren't expecting to see thru it are you?

Last edited:
Have you given with that shield? It should be tall enough to reflect the air above your helmet.

You aren't expecting to see thru it are you?

I don't expect to see thru the shield just above. When riding if I push the shield up slightly, ( maybe 1" -2") it's perfect . A lot quieter and less wind

I don't expect to see thru the shield just above. When riding if I push the shield up slightly, ( maybe 1" -2") it's perfect . A lot quieter and less wind

When AeroFlow would install their R11RS shield, they mounted rubber bumpers (~.75" high including the industrial velcro backing) on the front of the fairing, behind the screen. This reduced the strees at the four shield mounting holes and the load on the shield adjustment mechanism. In effect, they did the same thing you are doing. And, for me (6' ~ 6'-1"), that was a great shield.

It'll try to find a picture.

When AeroFlow would install their R11RS shield, they mounted rubber bumpers (~.75" high including the industrial velcro backing) on the front of the fairing, behind the screen. This reduced the strees at the four shield mounting holes and the load on the shield adjustment mechanism. In effect, they did the same thing you are doing. And, for me (6' ~ 6'-1"), that was a great shield.

It'll try to find a picture.

If you find a picture that would be great thanks. I was thinking of cutting off a piece of my old shield, about 2" and build a slight extension, But I want it to look good and don't know where I'd find the right brackets or fittings, or be able to cut the old shield properly. I'm pretty handy, but to finish the edges might be a challenge and I'll only get 1 shot at it if I mess it up

After I purchased the Cee Bailey windscreen for my bike I needed to contact them. During our conversations they indicated that they made the screens to order after it was ordered by the customer. Maybe it would be worthwhile to contact them and see if they can make one just a bit taller for you.
Just out of curiousity, I had issues with the mounting hole sizes being too large, have they included any mounting hardware and large washers in their kits?

I mounted Bob's barbacks many years ago to my R1100RS. Good results. If I remember correctly I added longer brake line. I thought the windshield to small. I'm 6'2". I added a couple of different tall windshields. I did not have good success. The shield flexed back on the shield mount structure and more important it flexed back the whole front of the fairing. Not good. Went back to the stock shield, with it positioned all the way back. I added GS handguards. I usually ride with a Stitch and full face helmet. I learned to ride RS style. It worked. I know 1100/1150 RTs are good bikes, but not for me. One thing I really like about my RS is that it has a minimal fairing and it shows off that beautiful oilhead engine. To each his/her own. :)

Back