• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bar Hopping in Alaska

K

Kadison55

Just a short post on what I had to put up with after work today.

Bigfoot105 showwed up a little after 6:00pm and wanted to go play.

He made me ride on this stuff....

Curves.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

So I took him here to play in this......

(New lights add a nice touch)
Randy-Water.jpg

Hal-Water.jpg

We ended up here before heading home.

MatsuRiverOverlook-edit.jpg

RandyPanarama.jpg

OntheRiver.jpg

All in all a pretty fair night "hopping bars" on the river.

And by the way Bigfoot105 I think I made "Top Gun" on the way home.

So many bars, so little time. :cry

Thanks TKE, I had a barvelous time. :thumb

To far from Home

Visian said:
sweet!

by any chance, is that the wrangell-st. elias range in the background?

if not, where were you?

picture of the week material, fo sho! :nod

The Wrangells are to far from home for this trip. All these pictures came from within an hour of the Anchorage bowl. This one in particular was taken on the Matanuska River just outside of Palmer, AK.

Here's another from the same place but taken earlier in the week.

MatsuRiver-edit.jpg

Ya know, my best friend moved to Alaska at the start of the summer, and I had begrudged her for doing it until now. I can see why a person would want to live somewhere so beautiful...thank you for sharing your amazing pictures!

Maybe I'll have to pay her a visit sometime... :brow

Was it very cold when you were out?

Here's another from the same place but taken earlier in the week.

MatsuRiver-edit.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You had to look at that TWO times in ONE week? What a shame. :D

Next year we need to go riding. You guys can show me around after work :lurk

Nice ride, when do put the studded tires on? Hehehe

Doc

No Studs

SFDOC said:
Next year we need to go riding. You guys can show me around after work :lurk

Nice ride, when do put the studded tires on? Hehehe

Doc

When you're ready we're ready.

And since the bikes are GS's we're thinking of just going with tire chains this year. :p

I've got to get that fat painter guy (Oh hi Andy), his friend in Battlecreek and Threeflys primed up for a three-some.

If those guys pansy out I hope to be there for sure next summer. Can't keep putting off the adventure of a life time forever... :deal

Likewise if you ever get down in lower 48 (closest to you) I'll show you some places to get dirty... :laugh

Doc

Chris Sells the K Bike

I saw your post on the IBMWR Classifieds. Chris did you get a GS?
That would be a pretty wild tour to go through Alaska on the way to Wiscownson.

HMMMMmmmmm...... The question is Am I getting any younger?

Bob_M getting dirty?

HHMMmmm. ?

Ditto what Knary and RiderR1150GSAdv said!! Your punishment for posting a good ride report like that is to have the Termination Dust fly early this year.

Now Ya Did It

AirForce said:
Ditto what Knary and RiderR1150GSAdv said!! Your punishment for posting a good ride report like that is to have the Termination Dust fly early this year.

I wish you hadn't said anything about the "termination dust", now we have to put up with this type of scenery while we are riding.

9b661366.jpg

2c0c6390.jpg

01b0fe96.jpg

Stream.jpg

:)

Back