• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Baker Built Wings on an RT

beemeup

2009 R1200RT
Has anyone out there installed a set of Baker Built Wings on your R1200RT?

I'm considering it, but would like to get some feedback from others that have installed them and are using them before I proceed.

I have the installation instructions and it seems relatively easy and straight
forward, although I've learned with time that things don't always go that way.
Any comments on installation?

Once you've got them on, do they look all right and seem to fit in with the lines
of the bike? Anyone got a picture of them on your bike you could share?

How well do they actually work? It sounds really good, but do the wings perform
up to expectations?

Thanks for any help with this. Don:dunno

I'm wondering about the airwings also. I am also concerned that they may be in the way of reaching the Elf Pegs or other highway pegs. Does anyone out there have them?

Wings

The wings act as an extension of the fairing and re-channels air that comes in from around the end of the fairing and up through the area where there is no fairing. I'm mostly interested in keeping cold air off my arms and shoulders. The temperature does tend to drop during this time of year where I live and I'm looking at this as something that might be helpful in extending my riding season.
The diagram of how they work is here:

http://www.bakerbuilt.com/how_they_work.htm

I haven't had a problem with engine heat with my RT.

I cannot speak for the R-1200-RT, but I have them on my R-1150-RT. They installed in minutes, work great, and do not keep me from using my Hawks Highway pegs. :thumb

yes

Do you have to drill holes to attach them?

Yes, you do have to drill holes, but they supply you with a template and complete instructions. I have PDFs of the parts and instructions pages, I couldn't post them here because they are too big. If you'd like to see them I can send the files to you if you'd like. Don

Back