• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone try adding memory to Nav V?

jamesevans

I added a sony 16GB microcard to my Nav V - Best Buy assured m it would work - and it made the screen go funny, it kept shutting down, and Garmin Express wouldn't recognise the device. Fortunately all was well when I removed the card. Anyone have better luck?

I have had a 32GB card with about 26GB of music loaded on it running for the past year with no problems (once I removed the one song that had special characters in the title).

Yes, but what card was it? It seems Sony is formatted exFAT but the Garmin requires FAT32. The trouble is noone seems to know which is formatted what.

All the cards that I have (about a dozen) that are 32 GB and under seem to be formatted FAT32. I did have a 64 GB and formatted it ExFAT and the Nav V wouldn't recognize it. Just reformat your card to FAT32 using any personal computer. You can use the formatting software available through the Operating System of the computer or you can download an SD format app from the SD Card website https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Most of my cards are Kingston or Lexar, I only have one Sony and it is a standard SD card so it won't physically fit in the Nav V.

Thanks guys. I tried to reformat but the disk wouldn't show up on the computer. Took the disk back to the store - they gave me a SanDisk 16GB and it works perfectly. Job done!

No music playback thru my helmet speakers

I recently added a memory card to my Nav V. It seems to recognize it and play songs on it fine. My problem is I can't hear the music play back thru my UClear HBC100 Plus bluetooth speakers in my helmet. I can hear driving instructions and talk on the phone fine so the GPS is connected to my speakers. It's like the music is muted or something. I tried adjusting the volume on the GPS but it said to adjust the volume on the bluetooth unit. Just out of curiosity I connected the GPS to another bluetooth speaker I have and it plays fine thru that. It just doesn't seem to like my helmet bluetooth unit.

Any suggestions??

Back