• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone heading south through Mexico

J

judjones

There's a group of four or five riders so far heading into Mexico from Dallas Ft Worth to ride for about 10 days which includes the Copper Canyon. So far the plan is to leave on April 19th and I'm not sure where they are crossing into Mexico. I'm guessing Del Rio. I'm leaning towards going since I've never been to Mexico. I have no idea what to expect, but I've heard the Copper Canyon is really great.

I'm attempting to include a Word document of the schedule and map of what is planned so far. PM me if this is of interest.

If anyone can share any words of wisdom after looking at the attached route I'd appreciate any words of wisdom. Right now it's a go for me even though I don't have a clue what to expect.

Copper Canyon is really great. It looks like you will see a little of it. I can't comment on the rest of your route, because I have seen very little of Mexico, except for Chihuahua and the Copper Canyon. There are some great views at Divisadero, and some great roads around there and Creel. To really see the canyons, though, I think you need to get off the pavement. You could get to one of the canyon bottom towns, Batopilas or Urique, on a street bike, but it is a lot easier on a dual sport bike. Batopilas is perhaps the most engaging and interesting place in the area. There are a number of Copper Canyon trip reports on advrider.com. There is a report on my trip last year at: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128841&highlight=copper+mutz
It should give you a little idea of what to expect. I'm leaving in a couple of days for my second visit, and I am pumped in anticipation.

Back