• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any tips on engine cleaning products?

The exterior.

I"d like to return it to the "centerpiece" vibe that it had when I bought it. A friend of mine just got a new 2018 and the engine looks stunning.

The exterior.

I"d like to return it to the "centerpiece" vibe that it had when I bought it. A friend of mine just got a new 2018 and the engine looks stunning.

Not to be an ass, but did you buy it to ride it or to show it? Keeping it clean is one thing, wanting it to be perfect is a wee bit OCD, IMO. (I'm a bit OCD about my guns, so I recognize it when I sees it. LOL!)

S100 on engine and wheels, followed by quality car wash over entire bike, no high pressure water just a standard nozzle
I use CHEMICAL GUYS products with the exception of the S100
All are available on amazon

Not to be an ass,

TOO LATE!!!!!

Hah! Just kidding.

Yeah, trust me. I probably wash it two or three a times a year at most. I bought it to ride it.

But seeing it sitting next to my buddy's 2018...she just looked neglected.

Makes me want to give her the same treatment as MY guns.

The Master of OCD

I can tell you that the master of OCD for the Wethead is RangerReece. He's moved now to a different house, but the floor of the garage under his Beemer and his Bimmer was clean enough to let your youngest grandchild sleep on. The Beemer reflected that level of attention. I never checked it, but I'll bet the Bimmer did too...

Not to be an ass, but did you buy it to ride it or to show it? Keeping it clean is one thing, wanting it to be perfect is a wee bit OCD, IMO. (I'm a bit OCD about my guns, so I recognize it when I sees it. LOL!)

Yeah. I get that a lot and the answer is “both”. I enjoy cleaning and riding and buying stuff fo and talking about. Oddly my guns aren’t as clean as my 4 bikes... and other times my bikes aren’t as clean as my guns! When I was a jeeper I’d love both the mud caked look and the mall crawler clean look. Hey it’s a lifestyle, not just transportation

Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponges

These things are brilliant for *some* things that just don't get clean any other way. I used them on the rubber bag protectors on the underside of my panniers and now they look like new. They had bug stain streaks that just wouldn't clean with chemicals, but Mr. Clean Magic Eraser got them off.

They also work on bare metal and some black plastic, but like they say test them in an inconspicuous area before proceeding. And I don't recommend using them on painted parts or clear plastic at all. Even with those limitations though these things can sometimes perform a miracle, removing stains that don't come off any other way.

Back