• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Another Weekend Ride

S

SNC1923

It seems that I haven't been riding much lately. My wife and I spent five weeks in Australia this summer (NOT on a bike, unfortunately) so that took a big chunk out of my riding season. Much of the rest of the time, I've been riding local dirt trails with my buddies on our 650s (Kawasaki, KTM, Honda, etc.)

So this weekend, our first cool one of the season, we brought out the road bikes and took an evening dinner ride up to a local mountain destination, Glenville. There 8 of us had dinner at a great restaurant, Hassan O's.

Here we are lined up outside the restaurant.

94591339-M.jpg

We had a good meal and lots of yuks. Like most parties without a great deal of advanced planning, it was a lot of fun. During dinner we decided that we would ride to the coast (that's Morro Bay for us) the next day.

Here's my ride at Morro Rock.

94591334-M.jpg

After a spirited 100 mile ride across the twisty Hwy 58, it was nice to chill out in the cool, overcast harbor. Here's Kelly and Brad checking out the wildlife.

94591326-M.jpg

And the local wildlife checking out Kelly and Brad.

94591336-M.jpg

More views at the harbor:

94591322-M.jpg

94591323-M.jpg

Unfortunately, we were there at breakfast time. Wandering around the harbor, we found several open tubs pumping fresh salt water over tonight's dinner.

94591325-M-1.jpg

Having left the harbor and taking a stroll through town, we happened upon these three CBXs. When's the last time you saw three of these in a row? The two red ones are '78s; the black on is a '79.

94591327-M.jpg

How'd you like to do a valve job on this big six?

94591333-M.jpg

Nice new vanity plate:

94591329-M.jpg

That's it. Not the most exciting ride, but a very enjoyable one, especially after a long, dry summer.

The weekend after Labor Day is the CBX club's meeting in Morro Bay.

Not to pick nits, but the first year of CBX production was 1979. 1979 and 1980 were the two years they were produced in standard trim. In 1981 and 1982, CBX's got a fairing, bags and a ProLink rear suspension.

Beautiful pictures, as usual, Tom. :thumb

KBasa said:
The weekend after Labor Day is the CBX club's meeting in Morro Bay.
Who knew?

KBasa said:
Not to pick nits, but the first year of CBX production was 1979. 1979 and 1980 were the two years they were produced in standard trim. In 1981 and 1982, CBX's got a fairing, bags and a ProLink rear suspension.
:doh We had to look at the frame numbers as none of us had any idea. I was going by memory, but no doubt you're right.

I saw one of those blue CBXs (faired with bags) earlier in the day. Now I understand why. . . . I just thought it was some kind of cosmic coincidence.

KBasa said:
Beautiful pictures, as usual, Tom. :thumb
Thx!

Statdawg said:
Where is this wonderful place where there is no grime on any machine ? Clean bikes, clean cages, clean boats, and clean sea creatures. AND A CLEAN GS............ :banghead Atleast the street is dirty.

Central coastal California.

It hasn't rained in a few months now.

Back