• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

AnonymousBook

bobw

A couple of weeks ago 4 of us were leaving Big Bend Nat'l park heading for Marfa on highway 67 when one person ran over a broken simi truck break drum and punched a big hole in the case. Very lucky they didn't go down with all the oil on the wheel. I called 3 people in Marfa and left a message and 1 in Alpine and left a message. I never did hear from anyone.

The motorcycle dealer in Alpine came and picked up the bike. I think it was over 100 miles and took the bike to his shop and was able to order a case which took a couple of days arrive. No other damage to the bike. This was a 700 BMW and was impressed with dealer service.
Bob

A couple of weeks ago 4 of us were leaving Big Bend Nat'l park heading for Marfa on highway 67 when one person ran over a broken simi truck break drum and punched a big hole in the case. Very lucky they didn't go down with all the oil on the wheel. I called 3 people in Marfa and left a message and 1 in Alpine and left a message. I never did hear from anyone.

The motorcycle dealer in Alpine came and picked up the bike. I think it was over 100 miles and took the bike to his shop and was able to order a case which took a couple of days arrive. No other damage to the bike. This was a 700 BMW and was impressed with dealer service.
Bob

I am glad to hear that about the shop. I wish you had called me - we are an Alpine listing but live closer to Terlingua.

Voni I didn't mark the numbers I called but I think the one in Alpine was the first one and the first in 2nd number was the same. The dealer didn't have a neat shop but he seemed to know what he was doing and didn't rip us off on picking the bike up.

Glad to know they took good care of you!

Thanks for sharing!

Voni
sMiling

Back