• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

All I Want for Christmas...

I want a tech day so that I can learn how to wrench on my bike

Plus I want a tire changing machine

And a Red Ryder BB gun

And most importantly of all, to have enough time to ride!!!

12gsa-lluggage.jpg

last chance

Ok, folks. I've only gotten two actual responses that I can use. :banghead
Please send me a 100 or so word description of what you want for Christmas and I'll include it in the December issue. If you can include pictures or links, it would be very helpful!
Thanks and Happy Biketober!

e-mail me at mandy@bmwmoa.org if you have any ideas!

xoxo
Pants
:brow

My wife loves me, my eight kids havn't broke me, I have four airheads in the garage, I have the big Texas Sky above me, and the Hill Country nearby me. I don't need nothin for Christmas.

Dave H
San Antonio, TX

Aw geez, poor Mark. . . . 'er Hodag. He's gettin' it from all sides. Must be hell being so popular.

;)

Bigrider said:
My wife loves me, my eight kids havn't broke me, I have four airheads in the garage, I have the big Texas Sky above me, and the Hill Country nearby me. I don't need nothin for Christmas.

Dave H
San Antonio, TX

Sounds like you got a lot to give.

My 'Wish List'

With the replacement cost of the hard bags for the 1200 CL my husband just bought me, I'm hoping Santa brings me some chrome to protect it (and the engine). I was hoping for heated grips and/or seat for my 750 Shadow, but since the CL already has those... :newtoy

Xmas stuph...

(shhh - da wife just posted so hopefully she won't see this for a bit)

What I want for Christmas.

Snow - WAIT! I'm in the Great White North (aka Canada) and snow is a fact of life. In fact, we had snow this past weekend, though not as much as Buffalo. For me, there are two seasons, riding and gliding. Thankfully with a Beemer, there isn't much in between these two seasons.

What else... Someone to crack the CANBUS properly so us R12RT folks are free to freak out our bikes with FREDs. (if you have to ask, you're to young) I've made a few changes to the RT, but I would love to have freedom to plug whatever I want in to the system.

To continue - A working bike to bike system. Now that the wife has a 1200CL she can keep up, but it's got a much smaller fuel tank, much like her bladder (I'm gonna pay for that one :) ) and it would be nice to find out she has to stop other than noticing her missing from my mirrors - then I have to find out where I lost her.

Another iPod. I have an older iPod with a hard drive in it and it doesn't like the vibration on the bike. The newer ones are solid state and don't suffer from the hard drive getting "upset" with the vibration. (the wife is going 'what, not another one!')

Driving Lights - again on the CANBUS issue - that can connect easily to the R12RT. I would love to have Motolights on the calipers so there are directional lights, but I'm still working on this so they work seemlessly with the system.

Not really a Christmas thing, but I hope my son passes his M2 test (ye olde basic motorcycle license in Ontario) next spring so he can ride like the rest of us. I have my eye on a K75 for him.

Anything else and I think I'm just being greedy - well, 'cept for maybe a 2WD Ural for winter riding, or a 650 GS for the dirt roads, or ... Stop it, your getting silly...

SNC1923 said:
Aw geez, poor Mark. . . . 'er Hodag. He's gettin' it from all sides. Must be hell being so popular.

;)

as long as I'm the #1 daddy in the world
that is only thing i care about...

Last edited:
Back