• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

air intake sensor

jimwjarmour

jimmy armour
HI, about: a few months ago i obtained usefull info from anothers thread,sorry , that was to remove the yellow relay for the exaust annaliser this seemed to transform my 2000 r1100rt surging problem , later while testing air intake sensor ,found to be open circuit, i ordered new part meanwhile bike still running well and smooth, installed new part , bike started seemed running too rich also slight surging returned, so today i disconnected the connecter at the air intake sensor ,bike seemed to run smooth again low speed midrange, as before ,my question is can i leave the connecter disconnected will it do any harm ? no missfiring popping etc just smooth power thank you in advance, Jimmy:

Running without the AIT will cause the Motronic to choose a default fuel map and it will not go into closed loop.
The fuel mileage will decrease and an AIT code will be generated.
The correct fuel mixture for the ambient temperature will not be available.

mahy thanks

thanks for replying, dont know how long the old one was open circuit question does it take the system long to re set its self did another 100 km yesterday seemed to be improving going on a weekend trip so will see how she settles in thanks for your input Jimmy:ca

thanks for replying, dont know how long the old one was open circuit question does it take the system long to re set its self did another 100 km yesterday seemed to be improving going on a weekend trip so will see how she settles in thanks for your input Jimmy:ca

It should start using the fuel maps right away and code will change to "not currently present"
It can be reset with Motoscan or GS911

fuel mapping

It should start using the fuel maps right away and code will change to "not currently present"
It can be reset with Motoscan or GS911

Hey, sorry but do i need to have it scanned with the 911 tool to make her run correctly or just to remove fault code thanks in advance Jimmy:scratch

good to go

promise this is the last, so shes good to go nothing else to do but ride, going on trip this weekend, going to be good weather so here we go thanks you again:thumb

Back