• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ahhhh, Today's Youth!

Attorney General Gonzales' resignation signals hair-lightening of Executive Branch?

Although I like a good looker, hot will never equate with uneducated, unprincipled ... or even undressed if possessing of either of the former.

Now on a political note- have you noticed the exodus of late?

_xy-1145421_1

He is the fourth top administration official to exit in the past year. Donald Rumsfeld resigned as defense secretary in November, Paul Wolfowitz as World Bank president in May and Karl Rove as top adviser this month.
By DAVID ESPO, AP, Posted: 2007-08-27 21:36:47
:scratch
Things that make you go ...

When I lived in SC back in 1998, they had the highest high school drop out rate in the country.

IT is really a shame how little we teach the kids these days. There just aren't any consequences for children anymore. My mother is a teacher. She has gotten emails from irate parents complaining about the volume of homework these kids are having to do.

We live in a society that accepts the idea that if you can't do it we should dumb it down so you can. I learned more from my failures than I ever did from my successes.

Or she's stupid. :dunno

Or she's stupid. :dunno

i bet she could get into a number of online masters degree programs, you know, the ones that give you an MBA in like 9 weeks.......

i agree, with college (4 yr) being a "requirement" and a masters being the new "standard of success" school has become quite "dumb" i was amazed how easily i breezed through a well respected state university with a good gpa. forcing everyone to go to school is making it lame for those that really want to be there.

Although I like a good looker, hot will never equate with uneducated, unprincipled ... or even undressed if possessing of either of the former.

Now on a political note- have you noticed the exodus of late?

_xy-1145421_1

He is the fourth top administration official to exit in the past year. Donald Rumsfeld resigned as defense secretary in November, Paul Wolfowitz as World Bank president in May and Karl Rove as top adviser this month.
By DAVID ESPO, AP, Posted: 2007-08-27 21:36:47
:scratch
Things that make you go ...

Dumb and undressed is ok....At that point I am not interested in doing much "talking." But...alas......those days have long since passed for me.

Do you think the new administration will reverse Herr Bush's foreign policy? It will be amazing if our economy does a major rebound with administration change.

When I lived in SC back in 1998, they had the highest high school drop out rate in the country.

IT is really a shame how little we teach the kids these days. There just aren't any consequences for children anymore. My mother is a teacher. She has gotten emails from irate parents complaining about the volume of homework these kids are having to do.
Mark me down as one of those parents.
First a disclaimer.......
Even though I'm a "tradesman" I was raised in a 2 teacher household so I may be a little biased [?against?] the NEA. Any organization that is against "pay for performance" and promotes the mantra of how throwing money at a problem will solve it is bad....perhaps even evil.
I remember when it was a big deal going in to 5th grade because it was the first where we had homework. Now kids have diversity classes and all kinds of "fluff" where normal academia used to be.

My kids have had homework since kindergarten! Uggh!

Most of the homework we get is just work sheet busy-work.

As far as finding stuff on a map, I taught my 9 year-old autistic son to use a Wisconsin road map and index at age 7. When he hears of a hurricane/tsunami or a war he grabs his globe and looks it up. I bet he could find little known regions like Tibet faster than most adults. Google Earth seems to be his favorite computer program.

That said...parents aren't off the hook either. Part of the reason some teachers are overworked is that parents seem to think the school is there very own publicly funded day care.

I do, however, have nothing but respect for my grade school for how they have helped with my son and dealt with his [now rare] meltdowns. They've gone above and beyond the call several times.

My personal thoughts on this matter circumvent the nation of the unites states immediate proceeding the credits rolling of the color purple when the cows come home after they deliberate howling at the moon in april when it's at its fullest and the tides have gone out over the waters located just south of the state of Georgia; thats all I have to say. Amen

Red

My personal thoughts on this matter circumvent the nation of the unites states immediate proceeding the credits rolling of the color purple when the cows come home after they deliberate howling at the moon in april when it's at its fullest and the tides have gone out over the waters located just south of the state of Georgia; thats all I have to say. Amen

Red

We have drugs for that..........:hungover

:ha :ha :ha Love that!

She was on Network National news this AM...doing the PR spin...her ticket to fame for being an idiot " I didn't hear the question" is the story

She probably froze when she heard "one fifth of students", and thought it was a math question.

:ha :ha :ha Love that!

She was on Network National news this AM...doing the PR spin...her ticket to fame for being an idiot " I didn't hear the question" is the story

I've watched it twice. I fail to see how she "didn't hear the questions", considering she REPEATS the question in her answer (standard stall tactic), and comes up with the "they don't have maps' thing, before she went off into the moron zone. I think she blew a fuse in her head, because she wasn't even speaking in complete sentences, and surely not making a bit of sense.

Next year the question should be about girls in pageants not having a basic grasp of current events, geography, and having the abilities to answer a simple question that only requires a semi-coherent answer to begin with? I think they should be required to have a certain SAT or ACT score before they can compete... wouldn't THAT change things a bit? :dunno

In the meantime:

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

But on the Today show this morning she sounded like an educated, articulate individual with a firm grasp of geography.
:dunno

Meet the press

The two times in my life when I spoke in front of the media, once in the local snooze paper and once on Denver TV news, I sounded like an idiot farm boy with no brain. The newspaper "misquoted" me and retracted it three days later on page 16, and the TV reporter kept the camera on me long enough to really bring out the "lost in space look" I had on my face.

Both occurrences I knew what end was up, and should have done better, but froze like a deer in the headlights.

If I was blonde and cute like this gal, they could have accused me of really being stupid, as it was, I was old news the minute it was over.

Nowdays I would run, NOT walk from the camera, duh!

Red

Back