• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ahhhh, Today's Youth!

.... OMG!.... I couldn't watch it all. However, I have heard politicians respond more eloquently yet retain the same content :ha Oh well, I've had my own moments I suppose. -Bob

When I lived in SC back in 1998, they had the highest high school drop out rate in the country.

IT is really a shame how little we teach the kids these days. There just aren't any consequences for children anymore. My mother is a teacher. She has gotten emails from irate parents complaining about the volume of homework these kids are having to do.

We live in a society that accepts the idea that if you can't do it we should dumb it down so you can. I learned more from my failures than I ever did from my successes.

Who needs geography anyway?

High fashion models prove everyday that you don't need anything but looks to make a million bucks....you go girl!

She's pretty hot so I think I could let it slide. I'll have to watch it again though as I wasn't really listening the first time.

i have very little patience for people who are terrible at geography

not being able to name all the states and capitals is a shameful way to go through life:usa

that was pretty amazing though, south africa, where'd she pull that one out of???

We live in a society that accepts the idea that if you can't do it we should dumb it down so you can.
I recently heard a review for film that addresses what happens after a few generations of this (the main character wakes up in such a world after being frozen for a while). Can't remember the name of it, but it sounded pretty good.

None of them are there because of how well they think.

Put them in bikinis, and then on trampolines, so the judging is fair :hide

Just a minute there!!! She may just be qualified for a Bush cabinet position. We need a new Attorney General.

I bet she can say stratigeeeerrrry???

Easy :german

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

And we wonder why corporations ask people to have stealthily advancing academic degrees for entry level job placement. :violin

I'm thinking Bush probably has her on the "short list" to replace Gonzo. That's HIS kinda thinking!

...uh...she is in the minority of resident thinkers right ?....right? To tell you the truth, in our travel through the U.S. we have not experienced such vacuous intellect exihibited by Miss Spoken. Remember the song "Hey Nineteen"?? The Video Game/Bluetooth/Textmail/Whatever! nation has spoken. As a Canadian raised in the U.S. school system I always remember the lack of insight (and the will for insight) that our teachers provided regarding other nations. It has always been there in the U.S. school system. Teachers...... is it still the same? -Bob

...uh...she is in the minority of resident thinkers right ?....right? To tell you the truth, in our travel through the U.S. we have not experienced such vacuous intellect exihibited by Miss Spoken. Remember the song "Hey Nineteen"?? The Video Game/Bluetooth/Textmail/Whatever! nation has spoken. As a Canadian raised in the U.S. school system I always remember the lack of insight (and the will for insight) that our teachers provided regarding other nations. It has always been there in the U.S. school system. Teachers...... is it still the same? -Bob
Quite possibly in some jurisdictions. As a U.S. American raised outside of the U.S. School system (I went to school in Manhattan), I'm just as perplexed. :dunno

Back