• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

After market front fork springs.

ROYBARNES

Riding for the SON
Getting ready to install progressive wound springs in the front forks of a F650gs.
Question. What end do you put up? I am thinking that the tighter wound part should be at the top, but asking for your input.

Race Tech Fork Springs

I put in a set of Race Tech front fork springs. According to their website guide which sizes for weight, the ones I purchased were about double the spring rate, translated as much stiffer. Much less front fork dive and I can take bigger bumps. Not quite as compliant for small bumps, but I will gladly take the tradeoff. Since the bike has stiffer springs, it sits up higher, I swear my seat is 1-2 inches higher.

I had a minor installation problem. There is a plastic bushing that fits in the between the top cap and inside the top of the spring. It wouldn't quite fit, so I had to grind about 1mm off the inside of the top 1 cm of spring. They also insist on purchasing their own internal spring spacer/guide. It had the same internal and external dimensions as the OEM. I'm not quite sure how it is an improvement.

Back