• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Abs Problem

BILLK75

For the last 2 years both my ABS light and my telltail light have flashed but the ABS worked fine. Yesterday I took the bike out(1993 K75RT)and my telltail light went out when I hit both the brake levers but the ABS light stayed on and would not reset. The ABS is now non functional. Any ideas. Thanks Bill

It would help to know what steps you have taken over the last two years to isolate your problem.

The dealer checked for codes and found none, I checked allmy bulbs for operation and changed 3 dashlights and checked the gap on the abs sensors

For the last 2 years both my ABS light and my telltail light have flashed but the ABS worked fine. Yesterday I took the bike out(1993 K75RT)and my telltail light went out when I hit both the brake levers but the ABS light stayed on and would not reset. The ABS is now non functional. Any ideas. Thanks Bill

Here is a link to my ABS experience:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=11704&highlight=abs+catastrophic

I recently replaced the control unit and have functioning ABS once again. If my lights start blinking again, I will unplug the unit.

Back