• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A good autum ride

Nutfarm
For a short Autum ride this is a good one and you don't need a GPS. There are many ways to get to Hwy 49 take your pick. for me it starts on Latrobe rd in ElDorado hills Ca. South to Hwy 16, East alittle way to Hwy 49, 1 mile after turning on to 49 you come to Dry Town, and the Dry town cafe, a good place for breakfast. For those of you that have to have their fix there is a Starbucks in Angels camp alittle farther down the road. Continue on Hwy 49 past Sonora to Hwy 120 whitch wanders through Yosemite park, right where 120 runs into Hwy 395 there is a gas station and a good place for a snack. Heading south on 395 for a short distance you pickup Hwy 120 again going east to Hwy 6 at Benton, and head south to Bishop where I spent the night. For those that would like to add another day, you can continue east to Hwy 95 in Nevada go south and enter Death Valley on 267, and go by Scotty's castle, or 314 from Beatty right into the valley of Death. You hit 190 at Stove Pipe, that's the road number not the temp. It can still be hot down there this time of the year. Then west to Lone pine on 395, and north to Bishop. While in Bishop there are several good places to stay and eat, I like Jacks waffel shop for breakfast, or Schat's bakery for great pastry and cookies. Wiskey Creek is a nice place for dinner. From Bishop north on 395 to Hwy 108, and over Sonora pass, this is a great motorcycle road, from there it's back to Sonora and Hwy 49 and home in Folsom Ca. It's a easy two day ride for me just short of 600 miles. I have done this ride several times including Death Valley in two days it adds about another 220 miles, I would rather look at the scenery now. It's starting to get alittle cool in the mountains now, but Death Valley is nice right now, mid 90's during the day. A good two or three day ride.

Ken G.

Autumn Ride

Cascade Mtn Loop, Washington:thumb :german

Attachments

• DSCN1146.jpg
    DSCN1146.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 122
2009 autumn Ride

My way to work..:german

Attachments

• DSCN2987.jpg
    DSCN2987.jpg