• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A farkle and an uh oh

bmwgsrider

Yesterday, my center stand for my bike came a day early. I've been waiting for it to arrive so I could replace my rear tire. Wahoo!

Finally was able to get it on the bike:

photo3-12.jpg

Right now, I am deciding if I want to keep it the regular length or have it chopped down some since my bike is a factory lowered. I couldn't really ever get my other bike on the center stand and I know I won't be able to with this bike. I am not sure if I will be able to get it off the center stand myself like I did my other bike. I have heard that if you chop the center stand, it will interfere with the side stand. I can't remember the actual details but will need to find out.

After I had the center stand on, it was time to change out rear tire that I been needing to do:

photo1-14.jpg

When trying to get the new tire back on the bike, for some reason was having problems getting the tire back on. When struggling to get the tire back on the bike, the bike decided it wanted to come off the center stand and fall down.

photo4-5.jpg

Needless to say, there is little damage but I have not inspected the bike thoroughly. I have not dropped this bike but I am sure it was bound to happen sometime but this isn't the way I wanted it to happen.

This was the first time I have been able to lift the bike up... and when I did so.. I noticed the steering head bearing was loose so I had to end up tightening it.

I did take it for a short ride and had to re-adjust the steering head bearing. After re-adjusting it again, it felt much better. I will see how it feels after I get some more miles in.

I did not really get a chance to scrub the tire in but I will on my daily commutes.

Bummer for your Bimmer!

Sorry to hear about your bike. It might have need a nap?! I need to get a center stand as well. Which one did you get and from where? I also love the color of your bike....great minds... :thumb

Sorry to hear about your bike. It might have need a nap?! I need to get a center stand as well. Which one did you get and from where? I also love the color of your bike....great minds... :thumb

gsrider... next time you have it on the c-stand for doing work, strap the stand to the front wheel, which should prevent most tip overs.

runnr.... bimmers have 4 wheels (well, 3 if you include the Isetta), beemers have 2. major fashion faux pas, dude.

It's the SW Mototech from Twisted Throttle. What's nice is that it came with mounting hardware whereas stock doesn't.

While it may have been a tough way to go about it, you sure learned a great deal in a short amount of time. Next time will be a breeze.

Right...

gsrider... next time you have it on the c-stand for doing work, strap the stand to the front wheel, which should prevent most tip overs.

runnr.... bimmers have 4 wheels (well, 3 if you include the Isetta), beemers have 2. major fashion faux pas, dude.

As we have two with two wheels & five with four wheels ( excluding spares), they tend to run together at times, as well, it gets a little busy in the editorial department. :type

Anna, after all that work you did your bike was a little tired and had to lay down and take a nap.....LOL

sorry your bike fell over, but if you remember mine fell over as well and broke my MadStad windshield. these things are bound to happen so don't let it bother you too much.

Back