• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'76 R90/6 front caliper rebuild, dust seal wont "seat"

Dj,

Don't be too hard on yourself. An honest mistake and good you "fessed" up to the forum in order to add another bit of important and useful information for any of those doing this the first time. These brake systems and their components can degrade to high degrees when they've been uncared-for and left docile for several years. Another reason in support to change brake fluid annually.

You've gained some good knowledge and will be able to tackle the next brake job swiftly with confidence. Not dumb at all.

Keep us informed on how things move forward.

-Mike V. / San Diego

You've gained some good knowledge and will be able to tackle the next brake job swiftly with confidence. Not dumb at all.

+2. I can't begin to tell all my learning experiences. But I will mention all the oil that went on my father's garage floor from my MGB when I did almost the exact same thing failing to get the old gasket out of the cartridge oil filter cover before putting the new one in.

Back