• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

49 L top box question

ndrhsr

I wanted to take the top half off of my 49 L top box but made the mistake of undoing the 2 screws holding the recoil spring & cord to the bottom. What Now? I have a un-wound spring. can this be reassembled? if so how? HELP!!

answered my own queston

I wanted to take the top half off of my 49 L top box but made the mistake of undoing the 2 screws holding the recoil spring & cord to the bottom. What Now? I have a un-wound spring. can this be reassembled? if so how? HELP!!

After about 2 dozen tries I finally got it all back together I'm sure someone else has done this but those& who haven't leave the winding mechanism attached to the top & unhook the strap from the bottom half of the box.

Back