• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2024 National Rally: REDMOND Oregon

Just because I happened to come across it...

Here is a super-sweet adventure ride, complete with a camping spot at Hat Point in Hells Canyon, for your ride to Redmond. This route connects with the western end of another great ride, the Lolo Motorway.

<iframe src="https://ridewithgps.com/embeds?type=route&id=44918159&sampleGraph=true" style="width: 1px; min-width: 100%; height: 1000px; border: none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

IMG_1978-X2.jpg

IMG_1953-X2.jpg

Rally Day Pass?

Conflicting schedules have me wondering if there is a one day pass available for the Rally - specifically Saturday?

For those involved, I'll still be available for my "beer obligations" Friday and Saturday evening. :D

Conflicting schedules have me wondering if there is a one day pass available for the Rally - specifically Saturday?

For those involved, I'll still be available for my "beer obligations" Friday and Saturday evening. :D

They had day passes in Richmond

Day passes will be available for Redmond.

Ted

Eastern US Riders... guess what's about 6 month's from now?

...Your possible ride toward Redmond!

This is THE WEEK the majority of us "East of the Mississippi" folks begin the journey.

I'm liking June Rally dates... but I've not quite adjusted to how "quickly" they follow the springtime events!

...Your possible ride toward Redmond!

This is THE WEEK the majority of us "East of the Mississippi" folks begin the journey.

I'm liking June Rally dates... but I've not quite adjusted to how "quickly" they follow the springtime events!

Yeah .... I am OK with the June date but honestly the July date made spreading out MC travel much easier. Now I have to decide on what events I may have to skip. They moved Americade a week earlier too, now the week of Memorial Day. I am thinking of leaving for Americade Tuesday or Wednesday after Memorial Day then leaving Lake George on Saturday June 1st and either meandering out to Redmond or visiting with friends in the northeast for a few days before heading west. Was much easier when Americade was early June and MOA was mid-July. And honestly I was not bothered by the July weather. But regardless I am looking forward to making the trip west this year.

From the wayback machine... Redmond 2001

I just love digging around on old hard drives! :ha

P0000580%20copy1.jpg

How we kept the Closing Ceremonies moving back then...

P0000594-X2.jpg

hey Visian, great suggestion in post # 221!! I have been down all those roads, the rattlesnake grade south of Lewiston, and Dooley mt, south of Baker city, are as good as it gets.

one small suggestion, when you get to Lewiston on the 12, before you cross the river, take a right on down river road. go about a mile, turn right on the old spiral highway. it is about 12 miles to the top, well worth the out and back detour.

My thoughts so far:

I want to go! Mrs. Veg would like to as well but flying is the only way that will work for her. I keep saying that since I've never ridden cross-continent, I should do it at least once. *IF* I can get to where my butt will survive that kind of saddle-time (37 hours each way! *OUCH!!!*). Maybe a seat-upgrade is in the cards, but even then, how much will it really help, as I'm already on an older custom-built seat? Living where I do, I'll need at least two weeks off to do this trip and that's still slabbing it at least 90%, not much time for exploratory meanders. More than two weeks off may be difficult both at work and on the domestic front. And what will weather be like? I can plan it all, spend lots, and then need to cancel at the last minute if it proves to be a brutal summer. Rally site is a mere 6 hours from Spokane, where we have family we always love visiting. Maybe fly there, check camping gear as luggage, get rental car (I have gobs of free days earned as a road-warrior in my job), see the fam in Spokane for a few days, drive to rally, then fly home from Portland? That seems the best plan so far, but the thought of an epic ride still tugs at me.

two things, there is a perfectly good airport in Redmond, and a beadrider is your friend on long rides!!

It has been a while since I posted here. I see several familiar names. As you pour over maps and plan itineraries seriously consider a day trip through Shinako, Antelope, Fossil, and Service Creek. The drop from Shaniko to Antelope is epic. Then south to Mitchell or a longer loop through Spray and the fossil beds down to Hwy 26. The fossil beds have a neat museum. See Ya

this is my favorite ride in Oregon!!! when you get to Mitchell be sure to stop by Tiger town brewery.

one small suggestion, when you get to Lewiston on the 12, before you cross the river, take a right on down river road. go about a mile, turn right on the old spiral highway. it is about 12 miles to the top, well worth the out and back detour.

I should have mentioned that. I rode that the last time I was out that way, during the covid lockdowns... me and Mr. BestRest were out running around. We did not get out to Hat Point, though...

IMG_1963-X2.jpg

I wonder...

As they say, "The third time's the charm!". :clap

... will a brotherhood of envied "Redmond Three-Peat" riders society develop, for those qualified from 01' & 10'... who also make the 24' big show?

Or maybe this. A special brewery release, by none other than the local "Wild Ride Brewery" in Redmond, commemorating a MOA first... third time same place.

Rally Chairs are on this I'm guessing.

Back