• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2024 National Rally: REDMOND Oregon

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
Here We Ride Again !

Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center

JUNE 13 - 16th

Great site! both 2001 and 2010 were excellent rallies. Good weather, elevation only 3,000 feet for us breathing impaired. I have in my kitchen right now one of my all-time favorite beers: Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewing Company in nearby (17 miles) Bend, OR. Never mind :) Now a bottle is on my desk waiting for noon.

Video of the rally location selection was posted in the older thread:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...e-Will-It-Be&p=1303705&viewfull=1#post1303705 and/or can be seen here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Z0q8QcLSq0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At the Deschutes Country Fair and Expo grounds. Here's the main website to the grounds.

https://expo.deschutes.org/

Great site! Both 2001 and 2010 were excellent rallies. Good weather, elevation only 3,000 feet for us breathing impaired.

I couldn't wait to finally get there in 2010, my 1st time there.

The venue and riding the Cascade Range, Oregon's Pacific coastline, and the Columbia River did not disappoint !

This will be terrific again!

I wish there was an auto train equivalent going out west. My daughter is my riding buddy and she can’t take off from work long enough to ride there and back and have time to explore once out there. Should be a great time for those who attend.

Looks like several motels with restaurants close by not far from the rally site.

It's a stupendous location and I'm stoked to head back. It'll be an epic ride from here and I expect the first stoplight I'll encounter will be in Fort Bragg then probably not another until i get to Eureka. From there, probably not until I get up to Medford, OR unless I stop in Grant's Pass or Ashland.

Butler Maps, folks. It'll really point you in the right direction up there in OR.

And, of course, if anyone is heading south, hit me up for ride ideas.

Planning on riding from Phoenix, Arizona!

Easy to escape the heat by riding to Flagstaff, then off to Utah, Idaho, and Oregon.

Great choice for next year's Rally!

I'll be making the across the US trip from Charlotte. Look forward to another crossing of the USA and seeing new places and roads. I really like the parts of Oregon I saw in 2021.

Oregon has many fantastic motorcycle roads, paved and dirt. Statewide, the scenery doesn't disappoint. Great choice for a rally.

I wish there was an auto train equivalent going out west. My daughter is my riding buddy and she can’t take off from work long enough to ride there and back and have time to explore once out there. Should be a great time for those who attend.

There's no shame in a fly and ride. Use your vacation time effectively.

Great Rally site choice!

Kudos to the rally site team, Redmond is always a great choice! One of the best fairgrounds I have been to in my over 30 BMW MOA national rally visits! I still have a goofy video of mama duck & ducklings swimming around in that on-site pond in 2010!

See you there, next year; Regards: Chuck3 # 19,958

I have in my kitchen right now one of my all-time favorite beers: Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewing Company in nearby (17 miles) Bend, OR. .

There should be good beer choices at the rally.

Ninkasi continues to make astonishingly good beers.

Make sure you score some of their stuff.

Count me in for Redmond! :)

Circumstances prevented me from attending Redmond the last time the National was held there. I do not wish to miss this one.

Great site! both 2001 and 2010 were excellent rallies. Good weather, elevation only 3,000 feet for us breathing impaired. I have in my kitchen right now one of my all-time favorite beers: Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewing Company in nearby (17 miles) Bend, OR. Never mind :) Now a bottle is on my desk waiting for noon.

While you're out here, try the Salted Caramel Porter from Cascades Lakes Brewery. Like liquid desert. :)

Back