• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2024 MOA Rally trip from Ohio.

jsalyer

Checking to see if anyone is riding to the 2024 MOA Rally from Ohio that might have room for one more rider?

I’m also from SW Michigan. I plan on trailering to Cheyenne, I have no desire to run across Iowa and Nebraska again. I’m on no schedule but would welcome a fellow rider.

I’m also from SW Michigan. I plan on trailering to Cheyenne, I have no desire to run across Iowa and Nebraska again. I’m on no schedule but would welcome a fellow rider.
Funny how perceptions differ. I absolutely love crossing the Midwest and Plains states on secondary roads! Small towns with lovely parks where we can often pitch a tent for free, welcoming people curious about travelers, and small independent diners and motels not yet swallowed by national chains.

Pete

Curious how many miles do you ride per day?. How many miles between stops? I certainly can’t ride like I did 10 years ago.

Funny how perceptions differ. I absolutely love crossing the Midwest and Plains states on secondary roads! Small towns with lovely parks where we can often pitch a tent for free, welcoming people curious about travelers, and small independent diners and motels not yet swallowed by national chains.

Pete
True, all!

Curious how many miles do you ride per day?. How many miles between stops? I certainly can’t ride like I did 10 years ago.
Like many things it varies. Riding with a deadline can be a 1K day. Sightseeing and stopping to smell the roses 200 mile day. Distance between stops is generally never more than 150-200 max. I guess my biggest thing is as long as time isn't a factor then the day can be whatever you decide. The body dictates the time and distance in reality for me.

Still in the planning stages from West Michigan (Lowell). Will follow the discussion and add as I get closer. I have taken Hwy 2 from the UP across the country. Dropping down from the Great Falls, MT area to hit Lolo is a fun ride.

Still in the planning stages from West Michigan (Lowell). Will follow the discussion and add as I get closer. I have taken Hwy 2 from the UP across the country. Dropping down from the Great Falls, MT area to hit Lolo is a fun ride.
I live South of you near South Haven. I like 2 across the top I took to Montana once. I’ve also taken the high speed Ferry, and the old ship across . I’ve driven semi part-time and driven Chicago more then I can count, I hate the area.

Like I mentioned my thoughts are trailering the first 1000 miles. I want to ride more miles while I out there.

I’ll also keep an eye on this thread.

I’ll be out there leaving from Central PA. Camping most nights traveling 250/350 miles per day.

Back