• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 Richmond VA: The 50th National MOA Rally

I expected more since the location was close to a high population part of the country.
Maybe the smoke threat kept some people away.

Do I hear a motion for a recount?
On departure this morning, riders were crawling outta tents far and wide!
And I do mean far… extensive rally site layout. From near coffee central, it was a
Long Way Out to the perimeter folks.

I would never have thought attendance was less than 6K.
Heard there were 4,400 pre-registered; so with favorable temperatures & no rain
forecast, maybe the more serious atmospheric conditions about 100 miles north
really did keep some riders away.

Wonder how many first timers this year?
And, is there programming being utilized that
tells how many of last year’s high number of them returned?

I saw quite a few first timer buttons.
I met the guy that came from the furthest away (Oregon). I know the awards for that stuff was done in the building and not on stage, I'm always interested in that stuff but not really into an awards ceremony...would have been cool to see it run on stage as a slide prior to the entertainment.

I'd have to say that the compilation has to be wrong. I registered in February and am from Delaware, I see no numbers from here at all. I want a recount!

Thank you for a great rally!

I just wanted to say a quick but very sincere thank you to Wes and Paula and ALL of the volunteers for an amazing Rally experience in Doswell!

are there separate counts for fully registered riders versys day pass riders?

I don't think so. The attendance number is used for multiple purposes, like marketing our product... us as members.

Now at Club HQ, you can bet they know about each category ($).

As paying members, most of us simply use the "how many" as a general gauge of a locations popularity, and our clubs success.

The list of all rallies attendance posted by Omega Man has an error for the 2002 Trenton, Ontario rally. That was our first MOA rally and was chaired by the legendary Kiltmeister. Thought there were about 6,000 - 8,000 people there. This one was our 13th MOA National rally. A big THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to put on one of the best! I like Paul Glaves post about the Army! True!

The list of all rallies attendance posted by Omega Man has an error for the 2002 Trenton, Ontario rally. That was our first MOA rally and was chaired by the legendary Kiltmeister. Thought there were about 6,000 - 8,000 people there. This one was our 13th MOA National rally. A big THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard to put on one of the best! I like Paul Glaves post about the Army! True!

I think that number 568 dropped a zero and should be 5,680. Not positive but I think that is right. It was not a small rally.

I think that number 568 dropped a zero and should be 5,680. Not positive but I think that is right. It was not a small rally.

This is true. I created the list initially and corrected the 2002 entry to 5682 sometime after that post was first written.

LMAO stuff...

The running joke on attandance numbers in VA is... Maybe they didn't count the people in port-a-lets around the camp area?

Speed Raffle Results

Anyone know what the winning numbers were? Looked like Thursday and Friday were up on the website, but now only Thursday is up.

Thanks.

Remembering past rallies, especially one where there was a large group of "hostages" boycotting the closing ceremonies, I really loved what they did this year, spreading out awarding prizes over all 3 days of the Rally. That meant that only those who really wanted to could gather on the final evening to hear the thanks and awards on Saturday night.

Voni
sMiling

Back