• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2023 R1250R Announced

From what I can tell, you can't get Dynamic ESA on it, which seems like an oversight when you can get it on the F900s and the S1000s, as well as the GS.

Maybe I missed it, but that seems like a pretty big oversight.

ESA is not showing on the Build Your Own page but that may be a oversight. BMW USA always seems to be slow to get the webpage in order when there's changes.
For a short time the 2022 R1250R and RS shipped without ESA.
There was a short supply of ESA because the suspension factory was damaged in a flood.
When looking through 2023 R1250R pictures you'll see a few with gold forks. ESA bikes have gold forks.

Edit: I just checked the International BMW website.
When I pick the UK and select Build Your Own I see ESA as a option.

From what I can tell, you can't get Dynamic ESA on it, which seems like an oversight when you can get it on the F900s and the S1000s, as well as the GS.

Maybe I missed it, but that seems like a pretty big oversight.

Well, I was talking about design looks not options. However, I agree that the lack of Dynamic ESA as an option does seem like an oversight.

Well, I was talking about design looks not options. However, I agree that the lack of Dynamic ESA as an option does seem like an oversight.

I hear ya. I'm honestly unsure how I feel about the current Transformers like styling on bikes.

I remember when the consensus was that the RxxxxGS was ugly. That didn't seem to hurt sales very much. That said, I do admit that the bike's capabilities make the GS somewhat a special case.

I love my 2020 R1250R, its awesome and I'm 68 years old, I don't see myself spending more for a fancy headlight and a seat cowl :lurk

seems to be a lot of dislike for the R1250R on this site :dunno

I love my 2020 R1250R, its awesome and I'm 68 years old, I don't see myself spending more for a fancy headlight and a seat cowl :lurk

seems to be a lot of dislike for the R1250R on this site :dunno

The two new options I would like are the heated seat and the new turn signals that double as running lights.
I don't know if the rear signals also act as brake lights like the Euro bikes do.

I'm guessing the 23 RS will also get the seat and turn signals.

Back