• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 R1250RT front fender clip failure

TGA57589

I see my front fender clips on the painted portion of my front fender have gotten bent somehow allowing the fender to pull out of the bent clip onto the underside black portion of the fender. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has had this happen with a possible solution or it may be buying a new fender is what BMW suggests for around $4,000 with their bring more wallet philosophy. Thank you in advance for any constructive ideas.

Might just replacing the "C-Clip Nuts" fix it? About $3.50/each, you would need four.
Picture from the MAX website:
fr fender.jpg

Might just replacing the "C-Clip Nuts" fix it? About $3.50/each, you would need four.
Picture from the MAX website:
View attachment 92796

I may not have been clear about the "clip" detail. The clip I'm talking abought is the "L" shape that is on the fender itself not the metal screw clip. It seems air pressure or road bumps cause it to come out of it's position.

<< "L" shape that is on the fender >>

Is it an integral of Part#2 below ?

If I recall correctly, it's part of #1, so you'd have to select the correct color painted fender, which is $217.92 on Max's site. However, it may be possible with some strategic epoxy that you might be able to glue the tab back on or make something that would work, since it's not visible once mounted.

Dunno if it's the same kind of plastic as used on the older bikes, but I've had good luck with JB Weld and a thin (0.050") piece of aluminum to create a "lap" joint on a cracked piece (if it's just bent, clamp it into the desired position):
Lap Joint.jpg

I may not have been clear about the "clip" detail. The clip I'm talking abought is the "L" shape that is on the fender itself not the metal screw clip.
Best way to make certain you're clear would be to take a quick picture of the actual "clip" on your bike and take the guesswork out of the replies.

IMG_4984.jpgIMG_4984.jpg

I may be doing the JB weld and attaching the thin sheet metal to each side to give it additional support. Over 200 bucks for a new fender...LOL. I just had my first battery change out on this one after having my AGM westco go five years to the day on my 2007 RT. As far as the battery going on the 2019 RT it makes for an exciting trip when the hill assist comes on when you stop on a perfectly flat intersection loaded with traffic only to not be able to move unless you shut the machine off. We've come so far with technology to make things terrific when they work but a pain in the ... when they don't.

Maybe... note that (at least on H/D's site) it states "for indoor use" in the specs ... may not be enduro enough for a bike.

Back