• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2019 R 1250 RT Cruise Control

That's how I do it and arrived at that method intuitively. Just the slightest pressure on the clutch lever and you're smoothly out. One of my major pet peeves on the slab is when folk tap the brake to get out of Cruise Control. Too many times I've seen this create a chain reaction of brake lights. Grrrrrrr......

I personally don't care for canceling it by rolling off.

Just so you know in case you don't there is nothing necessary about engine braking when you cancel CC by rolling off--the trick is to roll-off then immediately return the throttle to where it was prior to rolling off--really it's one integrated action. It's all I ever do once I learned it. It's pretty much the same action I do for clutch-less shifting since I don't have Shift Assist Pro. It took a while to return the throttle just right but I can clutch-less shift with almost zero hitch in the get along bearing.

Back