• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 BMW Motorcycle Dealers US Garmin POI

I uploaded the new list to my Nuvi 550 and BMW Zumo.
Thanks for updating the list.

I uploaded the file with the POI loader. The .csv file shows dealers in California, but they are not listed when I search on the Custom POI on the GPS (Zumo 660).

I uploaded the file with the POI loader. The .csv file shows dealers in California, but they are not listed when I search on the Custom POI on the GPS (Zumo 660).

Hmm, that is odd. I have a 660 as well. I will check mine when I get home.

I checked the coordinates for Long Beach BMW in google maps. Goes right to them.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...18.165802,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Are you searching in the POI list or in the general "Go To" list? These are POI's not favorites.

If you prefer them in favorites, you can load the GPX file into basecamp and send to your unit.

Hmm, that is odd. I have a 660 as well. I will check mine when I get home.

I'll check my GPS also. Not a 660.
When I loaded the POIs I noticed it said 136 locations loaded and I only checked the first page or two to be sure there was really something there.

I'll check my GPS also. Not a 660.
When I loaded the POIs I noticed it said 136 locations loaded and I only checked the first page or two to be sure there was really something there.

136 loaded is the right number.

I did a reload on my Zumo 660 GPS and it says 136 loaded by the POI Loader, but only 50 dealers show up. If I use the "Spell" function to find a dealer in California, it shows up. Is there a limit on the number of entries custom POI's will display?

. Is there a limit on the number of entries custom POI's will display?
I think that's the problem. I think my Favorites will only display so many at a time. POI are probably the same. I can only see a certain radius around Iowa, but if I checked in California, I would only see a certain radius from that location.

I did a reload on my Zumo 660 GPS and it says 136 loaded by the POI Loader, but only 50 dealers show up. If I use the "Spell" function to find a dealer in California, it shows up. Is there a limit on the number of entries custom POI's will display?

I did some testing on my Zumo 660 and 550.
When you go to extras -> Custom POI. It only shows the 50 POI closest to you.
However when I search for things far away (e.g. "CA:" for California) I get all the CA shops.
So all the POI are loading on my units.

I did some testing on my Zumo 660 and 550.
When you go to extras -> Custom POI. It only shows the 50 POI closest to you.
However when I search for things far away (e.g. "CA:" for California) I get all the CA shops.
So all the POI are loading on my units.
I am getting the same thing also. I guess it is showing what is close to my location at the time (900 mile radius). I'm in Texas and it does show shops in Florida, but I can search and find shops in California.

Back