• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2013 RT LCD Screen Problem

Chicota

Went to start my 2013 RT today and noticed that the LCD screen was difficult to read. It was as if someone had turned down the contrast between the screen background and the writing on the screen. Did not seem to matter if the bike was in the garage or in the sun. I checked the brightness adjustment and it was at max. Changing the brightness setting didn't make much difference to the contrast in terms of readability. Anyone else here had this problem? I tried the search function but non luck. Bought the bike new three years ago and it has 37K miles on it (just out of warranty). Your thoughts/ideas appreciated.

R/Jim

Had the bike been sitting in direct sun light? LCD displays are sensitive to temperature and tend to wash out when either very warm or very cold. They generally return to normal at less extreme temperatures.

Bike had been in direct sun light and it was a warm day. Have never noticed that affecting LCD contrast in the past but the issue appears to have resolved itself after a night in the garage. Thanks for your response.

R/Jim

Back