• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 R1200RT Brake Bleed Issues

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
I am working on a friend’s 2007 RT with 63,000 miles on it. Performed brake bleed as done several times before on this model with no issues. Attached GS-911 and performed rear brake bleed test to actuate the ABS pump. Test seemed normal; pumped functioned for ten seconds and I depressed the pedal three times, each time for two seconds as it ran. After the test I depressed the pedal and after the second pump the pedal lost all resistance. It is not moving the pads at all and is not pumping any fluid. Went through the ABS test front and rear again. Pump runs and front brake seems to be functioning normally. I did have the swingarm/FD off the bike to replace a rubber boot.

I am stumped. 🤔

Okay, I am thinking that activating the ABS pump released air into the rear brake master cylinder. I’ll try a vacuum pump.

Thats the smaller pump after the whizzies correct? Or the funnel bleed pump , thought those were gone by 07

I have done both and have used vaccuum on the smaller pump system. Used GS911 and haven't had your issue I can recall.

Not much help:dunno

Check to see if the brake fluid line under the rear brake reservoir is not twisted.
Every time you twist the cap on it, the reservoir tends to turn a little in the holding bracket.
After a while , your line might get twisted and keep the fluid from going through. DAMHIK...

I’ve probably done a dozen brake fluid flushes on hexhead bikes and never saw anything like this before. Live and learn.

That kink looks like bad boogie... a candidate for a teflon/steel line replacement??

Item 8 on the MAX fiche? If so, no pressure in that line; Thanks!
I'd still be a little leery about any kink, unless these really are some pretty stout hoses...

Mine was twisted worse than that when it happened to me two years ago.
I even bought the hose to replace it at the time but never did and had no issue either.

Check to see if the brake fluid line under the rear brake reservoir is not twisted.
Every time you twist the cap on it, the reservoir tends to turn a little in the holding bracket.
After a while , your line might get twisted and keep the fluid from going through. DAMHIK...

Wow! What a save! Sounds like experience talkin'. Sorry you had to go to the school-of-hard-knocks.

Back