• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150RS 47k - fast idle lever parts

MOONDOG59

Got the fast idle lever off (for too long a story to get into) and I found a small ball bearing. Is there suppose to be a spring on this ball bearing, to all who have had it apart. Can't find a diagram showing the break down.

There is a spring, It many times rusts and disappears or you may have lost it.
I'll try and find the specs.

Spec's below.
You can source a spring at your local parts jobber or hardware store.
Most likely you will need to cut to length.
Pack the hole and spring with grease to prevent rusting.

Attachments

• 1150 enrichment lever spring and ball.jpg
    1150 enrichment lever spring and ball.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 47
Thanks GS, I found it on the floor looking for a screw I dropped. Get lucky! It must have been stuck in there and then it decided "I'm going to mess with this guy and fall out when he ain't looking
Ba-ha-ha-ha! The world is mine!"
šŸ˜
Let it be recorded here of its existence.

Sometimes I can find a small part lodged in the aggressive tread of my shoes. :hungover
OM

Back