• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1995 K75 spare parts (brake lines, hoses, grommets, etc

rjayson

I am a new and very happy owner of a 1994 k75. I am starting to go thru it to clean it up, change fluids, replace bits, etc.

please forgive my rookie questions

for brake lines can I buy generic stainless braided just as long as I get the lengths right? Any good youtube or blogs on replacing the rear brake lines and bleeding?
similar question for other hoses and tubes. I imagine a BMW original equipment version will be pricey, and I don't mind paying as long as it is worth it (as compared to generic)

any suggestions on where to buy parts online. I have come across Bike Bandit and BeemerBoneyard but if there are others please suggest

how do I know if the front forks are good

how do I know if the back shock is good

my tank needs major paint touch up. M. Red is what is listed as color. Is there a company that supplies touch up paint in a spray can? I will eventually get it painted but for now just wanted to make the eyesore less so.

again thanks for your suggestions. I tried to post a pic but the upload keeps failing. Is there a size limitation?
Rob

I am a new and very happy owner of a 1994 k75. I am starting to go thru it to clean it up, change fluids, replace bits, etc.

please forgive my rookie questions

for brake lines can I buy generic stainless braided just as long as I get the lengths right? Any good youtube or blogs on replacing the rear brake lines and bleeding?
similar question for other hoses and tubes. I imagine a BMW original equipment version will be pricey, and I don't mind paying as long as it is worth it (as compared to generic)

any suggestions on where to buy parts online. I have come across Bike Bandit and BeemerBoneyard but if there are others please suggest

how do I know if the front forks are good

how do I know if the back shock is good

my tank needs major paint touch up. M. Red is what is listed as color. Is there a company that supplies touch up paint in a spray can? I will eventually get it painted but for now just wanted to make the eyesore less so.

again thanks for your suggestions. I tried to post a pic but the upload keeps failing. Is there a size limitation?
Rob

Speigler braided brake lines are what I use and would recommend. Speedbleeders are one-way check valves built into the bleeders to make the whole operation of handling the brake fluid easier. You can also get a "one man brake bleeder" at many auto parts stores and also on line. This is tubing and a check valve.

Those fork last many thousands of miles. As long as the seals are not leaking and the forks are not clanking you are probably OK. But do take note of any odd handling.

If the bike has 50,000 miles and the original rear shock, it is almost certain it should be replaced. The tell tale sign is that when leaned into a corner the rear of the bike seems to wallow due to insufficient damping.

Depending on which parts are the issue there are several on-line sources. Euromotoelectrics is one. Beemer Boneyard. and many BMW dealers. Also Rubber Chicken Racing Garage (Tom Cutter in PA) and the Beemer Shop (Ted Porter in CA) come to mind.

I can't help you on the paint question.

For paint, Google "color-rite". I'm not sure, but I think they specialize in bike oem paint. Look for a 3 digit code on the rear fender, under the seat. My '93 red k75 code is 689 I believe. Cheers.

The paint code on my 92 K75s was listed as a number. I"ll have to look for it. At any rate, my auto paint supplier said it didn't translate to a BMW color code. I'm trying to remember how it worked, as it's been a while, and it was a bit of patient search on their part, bless their souls. Something with the Glasurit paint that BMW used. They did eventually find the correct code and manufacturer for the bright red on mine, which may be the same as yours. My recent "bent handlebars" post here shows part of my tank. I can find the code if you want it. It is a professional auto paint store, and they said they could put some into an aerosol spray can for me. If you get the whole tank done later, I would suggest a professional do it. It needs an isocyanate hardener for gloss and toughness, and that stuff is pretty deadly. Although many on the internet will tell you, " I spray it all day, and I don't have a problem." Better them than me.

And yes, there is a size limitation on the photo attachments. I shoot mine at a 2 or 3 mb now. If they are bigger, they won't load.

Take your bike to the Beemershop (Ted Porter) Scott's Valley, CA. Have Ted ride it. He will honestly tell everything you ever wanted to know about the forks and shock. And he will discuss with you, based on your riding style, what ought to be done. Everything from do nothing to these are what you need. If you need an upgrade he will tell you. If you are OK for now he will NOT try to sell you anything you don't need. Top flight trustworthy guy! And a better diagnostician than we can be on the internet. Take a trip to the Beemershop.

1994 k75

Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions. I will definitely take over so Ted can check it out. A nice ride to the Santa Cruz hills

Attachments

• IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 44
Back