• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1200RTW vs 1200RT

Yes, as another owner of a 2017 Alpine White RT, I agree with you excitement. By the way, it turns out the White is the best handling and fastest of all of the 2017 colors. :dance

I had a 2008 Hexhead, and loved it until I rode a 2018 Wethead. Way smoother better handling and way more power. Tranny is butter smooth. Can't really speak to maintenance, cause I haven't really done anything but change oil. That job is worse on the Wethead, they put the oil filter right where it drains onto the head pipe. But a little Al foil takes care of that. I love all the improvements in the 18, and my 08 was loaded with everything available, like my 18. If ya got the $ go for a wethead, 17 or 18

Yes keep that failing rear end and exploding driveshaft, hahahahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insurance?

haha

Its got so many goodies now, I'm not sure what to get.

The seller gave me Ilium foot boards. I'll try those to see if they make sense.

Suggestions?

Insurance?

haha

Suggestions?

I got something to keep the battery charged, and a new tank bag.

I can remember having more fun reading the owner's manual. I must have read it several times.

Enjoy the bike!!

E.

Yes, coming from a 2012 RT to a 2017 RTW, the very first thing that got my attention is the lower centre of gravity. And yes, it seems smoother in terms of power delivery as well.

Yes, the entire bike is lower, hence no factory lowered models as in previous generations ... just seat choices.

My theory is ... more female police motor officers.

My theory is ... more female police motor officers.

Not likely. You need an inseam of at least 31 inches to flat foot the bike. I don´t know too many of my female colleagues who have that inseam.

They really need to have a lowering kit.

OK Good suggestions.

Yes, the owners manual is fun to read. LOL

How about setting the radio stations? Yikes!

I just bought a tail bag to use as a glove box. Not sure If I can trust the attaching system I can picture my cell phone and wallet dancing down the fast lane and me driving happily away Ugh!

OK Good suggestions.

Yes, the owners manual is fun to read. LOL

How about setting the radio stations? Yikes!

I just bought a tail bag to use as a glove box. Not sure If I can trust the attaching system I can picture my cell phone and wallet dancing down the fast lane and me driving happily away Ugh!

I never listen to the radio, and don't know why I got it. I have a iPod and I listen to audiobooks, the next best thing to reading when you can't read.

I always put my phone and wallet together in a large zip lock bag and fold it up so it won't get soaked in a downpour. I'm not sure how they would do in a wreck, and hope I never find out.

You are wise not to trust the attachment system. And I have an extra strap I got from Aerostitch that I thread through my Chase Harper tail bag just in case. I actually had a sleeping bag came loose during a trip to Daytona in '94 that bounced for a number of miles on Interstate 10 in Florida before I discovered the debacle. Since then I always use one extra strap.

E.

Insurance?

haha

Suggestions?

How about a top box and some Clearwater lights ? Bar risers? Different seat ? Plug for heated gear? Make it your own

I went from a 04 R1150RT to a 14 R1200RT and couldn't be happier, it feels like it has twice the power and is much more comfortable to me.

Its time to move up from my 1100RT to a 1200RT. Can I get some comments on whether to get the water cooled version or the non-water cooled.

Thanks for the comments.

My 2009 Blue and Silver RT is for sale! Check it out in the Market Place. $8000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back