• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tire Pressure Discrepancy '23 1250 RT

kras

Hello
Would like to ask whether anyone has had issue with tire pressure indicated by bike not matching actual tire pressure.
I have noticed when I check my tire pressure for the bike (36/42) and fill to spec and verified, the bike registers 2-2.5 lbs higher indicated on the bike stats menu screen
Wondering if this is noticed as well
I had a '18 1200RT prior and the TPS systems was always spot on through the Garmin interface.
I do have a GS-911. Any ideas on whether with this I am able to calibrate?
Thanks for any comments
ken

Hello
Would like to ask whether anyone has had issue with tire pressure indicated by bike not matching actual tire pressure.
I have noticed when I check my tire pressure for the bike (36/42) and fill to spec and verified, the bike registers 2-2.5 lbs higher indicated on the bike stats menu screen
I had a '18 1200RT prior and the TPS systems was always spot on through the Garmin interface.
Thanks for any comments
ken

The new TPMS by LDL Technologies may be temperature compensated like the previous Schrader system. In that case it is normal for the TPMS and a gauge to disagree.

In any event this is not something that you can change with a GS-911 or the Motoscan app.

The only thing you can do is keep your bike heated or cooled to 68 degrees F. Then your non-temperature compensated tire pressure gauge and your TPMS will match.

Hello
Thanks for any comments
ken

Thanks for the replies..!
Yeah, I read this as well..., just need to relax I guess.
Appreciate the feedback
Ken

From my '22 1250RT manual:

Temperature compensation

The tire pressure is tempera-
ture dependent, i.e. it increases
or decreases together with the
tire air temperature. The tire
temperature is dependent on
the outside temperature, the
riding style and the length of
the journey.