• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

07 K 1200 R Sport

willhawks

Hi guys,
I am considering an upgrade to a K1200R Sport. 30K, one owner and serviced by a dealer I trust. They are asking $6500 for the bike and it has Bags and a Trunk. Any feedback, opinions or other info is welcome. In the past I have only ridden Airheads, Oilheads and Flying Bricks so this line of bikes is new to me.
Best,

3Hawks

I like the style of the K1200R Sport.
Not many out there and it's nice to have something a little different.
When the roads are clear take a test ride and see what you think.

001.jpg

The front ball joints can be worn after 30,000 miles. Ask the dealer to check them. It's $800 to $900 for parts and labor to replace them.

Checking the valves is not cheap. Ask the dealer if he will do a valve check and plug change thrown in with the purchase.

Is it an ABS equipped model?
The one in Lees picture is, you can see the ring on the left side of front wheel

Several I have looked at, they are a bit rare compared to S's, were non-ABS. It's not a deal breaker for some, but I like that feature on a modern bike...especially a 167hp one!

And did it have the cam chain tensioner and chain jump guard upgrade done, the rear wheel mounting flange and the dog bone suspension link...all should be verifiable with VIN check from a dealer

I just purchased one out of Seattle

Its still in transit to my home in Central Coast CA. I got mine for $5700, 18K miles.

Wondering if anyone knows where to find the Engine #? CA will cross check and I need to know where to find it. So far no one seems to know for sure....

Back