• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

06 R1200GS Aftermarket Exhaust

A

adamceckhardt

Has anybody out there put an aftermarket exhaust on their 1200GS? So far, I'm thinking Remus- but any comments would be appreciated. I'm looking mostly for a throatier sound and better flow. Thanks!

Aftermarket Pipes

I had a remus on my 05 GS It had the Baffle removed by the previous owner. IT SOUNDS GREAT !!!!!!!!!! I just bought an 07 GSA SO I may put one on it. R/ Mike

Remus

I've got a Remus on my 06 GS. Looks & sounds good, backfires a lot. Not sure how it compares to stock, since the Remus was on it when I bought it (used).

Remus exahust

I put a full exhaust on my R1200GS, sounds great, backfires some, better mid range and roll on. There is now a vib at 4200 to 4400rpm, about 120 to 125kph. The new exhaust is about 15ilbs lighter than oem. So now I drive faster or slower and no vibration. A the sound is great when you blow by a bunch of slow H-D riders.

Darn!

OK you guys have got me digging for my wallet...questions:

On my 2007 Adv....there is slight popping on deacceleration [only 165 miles..yes it IS snowing] which bugs me and I read that the Remus seems to create backfiring..true? Does it last or does the ECU figure out the correct fuel/air to stop that after a few miles?

What is the cost, where did you purchase it and is it a muffler only 'system' and any mounting issues?

What was the comment about a vibration with the Remus system...the post was a little unclear to me..

Thanks...Phil
Enterprise, Oregon

Back