• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

05 R1200RT dead LH turn signal

rlimberg

I am sure that I have a bad LH turn signal switch. Has anyone had success repairing the combination switch assembly by just replacing the small switch? It appears that the cost of the assembly is over $400.00

Thanks
Mr. Mushroom

the only positive with replacing the switch module is that there is a 2 yr parts and labor warranty with it... I just had to do this on my 2010 RT

S Wessels
Holland, MI

I had a problem with mine on my 05 RT. I removed the whole assembly from the handle bar and sprayed it (heavily) with contact cleaner, then blew it out with light air pressure. The switch is working fine now. Every now and then I spray contact cleaner in the openings that I can see without pulling the assembly and let it air dry.

I ended up replacing the entire unit. The hardest part was moving the gas tank out of the way so that I could get at the plug. Of course on the way home with my new part, I stopped and filled the gas tank. Live and learn, now I have a can of gas for my lawn mower

Back