• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

0-60

Ericreed22

Has anyone done a 0-60 test on the 2014 GTL-E? If so, what is it? I'm thinking it's around 3.5, but I haven't clocked it yet.

I'm betting that a 130 lb. magazine test rider with a dozen practice launches under his/her belt can get it under 3 seconds. The Yamaha FJR 1300 has tested at 2.8 seconds and the Suzuki Hayabusa at 2.5 seconds. I own a FJR and think the K1600 is a bit quicker.

I'm going to call BS. My GTL-E is a 2014, and I'm certain it's under 4.0. Just not sure how much. Don't know how to do an accurate test without a "go pro" either.

I'm going to call BS. My GTL-E is a 2014, and I'm certain it's under 4.0. Just not sure how much. Don't know how to do an accurate test without a "go pro" either.

If you have a smart phone you can get a free app to do 0-60, 0-100 and quarter mile times.

All I know is it's fast enough.
For a test I loaded my adult son on to go get burgers.
500lbs. of flesh
150 yard uphill freeway on ramp
Entered the on ramp at 25 mph
Entered freeway in 5th gear at 90 mph.:burnout

All I know is it's fast enough.
For a test I loaded my adult son on to go get burgers.
500lbs. of flesh
150 yard uphill freeway on ramp
Entered the on ramp at 25 mph
Entered freeway in 5th gear at 90 mph.:burnout

5th @ 90? Probably should still be in 4th with the weight! Wind her out, she loves it!

Back