• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Group /5 Photo at the Rally

bluehole

This may still be in the works, but has anyone heard when group /5 the photo will be taken? A friend and I are riding our /5s to the rally, but may have to leave Saturday in order to get back to work on schedule. Hoping we won't miss the picture.

Greg is going to post more information on this event in Celebration of The Slash 5 thread and email those who have signed up.

Celebration of The Slash 5 last minute update

This is a last-minute reminder of “The Celebration of The Slash 5” activities being held at the BMW MOA Rally in Springfield, MO June 16th through the 18th.

First, our Grand Prize Bike is a restored Toaster Tank 1972 Monza Blue R75/5. There will be a display of “volunteered” /5s during the rally. You can sign up for this at a link below. There will be a Slash 5 Group Photo shoot Friday afternoon in the grandstand arena area, and a special Slash 5 Bike Show (judged by a selected team of judges) Saturday morning concurrent and co-located with the People’s Choice Bike Show. There will also be two seminars – one each Friday and Saturday – by Lutz-Michael Hahn from BMW Group Classic called “The /5 Series – The Start of a New Era.” Details on times and locations of these things are in the Rally Program which you receive at the Rally.

Infor about the Rally is here: https://rally.bmwmoa.org/, and you can register here: https://bmwmoaf.regfox.com/springfield.

We need volunteers to help with the Group Photo and setup for the Bike Show, and you can volunteer here: https://rally.bmwmoa.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=25.

And, finally, if you are bringing your /5 to participate in the Group Photo, Bike Show, or perhaps to display, please “register” here: https://rally.bmwmoa.org/celebration-5/, if you did not do this during your registration for the rally itself. This is NOT required, but just to help us plan for capacity, and is also to contact you if you would like to display your bike.
Thanks to everyone coming to the MOA Rally, and especially if you are bringing a /5!

Brian Burdette – Rally Chair
Pat Carol – Rally Co-Chair
Greg Feeler – Rally Co-Chair

/5 photo

For those of us who showed up for the photo session, any news on when the product might be available?

For those of us who showed up for the photo session, any news on when the product might be available?

A poster offer is coming, but slowly - just too much after-rally wrap-up and recovery. We will send out an email notice of availability to all the email addresses we collected at the time of the group photo, and to everyone who registered on-line prior to the rally.

Celebration of The Slash 5 Group Photo posters now available.

Hello!
Posters of the Celebration of The Slash 5 Group Photo are now available for order from the BMW MOA Gear Store at the link below! These commemorative edition posters are 12” x 36” and suitable for framing or wall mounting as is. The price is $20.00 each which includes any sales tax and shipping. From the order page you may also download the native digital image file of the poster and also the un-cropped original photo for free. Order your posters here: https://gear.bmwmoa.org/products/wander-farther-gathering-5s-print

(NOTE: These will be a single run print job so it may be several weeks before you receive your order.)

2022 BMW MOA National “Wander Farther” Rally
50 Years of The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America

Greg,

thank you for all you did at the rally. I just ordered my posters. :)

During the photo session a couple was walking around check license plates and recording where all the /5s came from. Is that information available? Sure would be interesting (and fun) to see where all the /5s came from...how many from each state, etc.

Greg,

thank you for all you did at the rally. I just ordered my posters. :)

During the photo session a couple was walking around check license plates and recording where all the /5s came from. Is that information available? Sure would be interesting (and fun) to see where all the /5s came from...how many from each state, etc.

I do think there was one of our volunteers who was making a list of states represented. I'll ask around to see if I can find that.

Last call for BMW MOA Rally Slash 5 Group Photo poster orders!

Hello!
This is “last call” for ordering posters of the Celebration of The Slash 5 Group Photo taken at the BMW MOA Rally in Springfield, MO. Orders will be accepted through September 30th, at the BMW MOA Gear Store at the link below! All poster orders will be sent to the printer on October 1st for printing and mailing.

These commemorative edition posters are 12” x 36” and suitable for framing or wall mounting as is. The price is $20.00 each which includes any sales tax and shipping. From the order page you may also download the native digital image file of the poster and also the un-cropped original photo for free.

Order your posters here: https://gear.bmwmoa.org/products/wander-farther-gathering-5s-print

2022 BMW MOA National “Wander Farther” Rally
50 Years of The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America

Greg -

How have the non-forum-visitors owners been contacted regarding the poster?

Greg -

How have the non-forum-visitors owners been contacted regarding the poster?

This message has been posted to the IBMWR.org and the Airheads email lists, to the email addresses of people who signed up before the rally to participate in the photo (not all did) and the email addresses of people who put their email address on a signup sheet we had at the photo shoot.

Poster arrived today. Very nice. Thank you to Greg and all the others that made it happen. I will treasure this.

That's a nice effort. :clap

Slash5GroupCroppedWeb_1222.jpg

OM

Back